need laptop for <25k

hi,

i am looking for a laptop for <25k

1. What's your Budget?
    25k max
  2. What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
    surfing/downloading,office apps,720p/1080p movie playback,absolutely no gaming :hap5:
  3. What size and weight considerations do you have?
    prefer 15.6" screen, 14" will also do. no weight considerations.
  4. Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
    no preference but should be rock solid and reliable
  5. Any other considerations?
    battery life,warranty extension,after sales service, no OS would also be just fine

reliability is my primary concern. i dont want a dead battery/screen/keybaord after 1 year.
also please suggest some shops in mumbai from where i can buy it.

crouching_tiger said:
thanks for the quick reply. is extended warranty available for this product and which parts does it cover ??
No idea about that. But usually extended warranty doesnt apply for battery. It covers rest of the parts.

Avoid the ones from the seller 'aeqvitas.in' as the warranty is mentioned as '1 year dealer warranty' in the 'Shipping and handling' tab.
Dont get the Vostro as it comes with weaker graphics and age old C2D.(CPU perforamce will be decent though)
The CR420 seems a decent choice since it has 2 years warranty and also since you are in Mumbai service shouldnt be an issue.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Though confirm with the seller regarding warranty terms since nothing is mentioned in the 'Shipping and handling' tab eventhough the description says 2 years warranty.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

MSI CR420 Laptop - Tech2 review
MSI CR420 Laptop - Tech2 review

Looking at your requirements Toshiba Satellite entry level would do the job as you only intend to run lighter apps and also no gaming.

They r as sturdy as you can get. You wont hav any issues other then battery change after 3 yrs.

crouching_tiger said:
finally i bought this one. got it for 19990-1000(discount coupon)=18990. thanks to all members for their feedback :)

How did you get a discount of 1000 ? My friend is also looking to buy a laptop through ebay.

crouching_tiger said:
^^^

congrats bro i3 x52f is real value for money. is driver cd included in the package contents bcoz in my pdc x52f driver cd is not included in the package.
strange .. yea she got 2 cd's ..one is driver cd and the other is DOS ..but you got the same specs for a superb price .. only difference is Hyper-Threading Technology & Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is absent in your P6000 cpu .

check asus support page for drivers

I ll give you the link

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download X52F

Back