Need Laptop for Photoshop and Corel Draw...Im in big Dilemma :(

3dsugar

Disciple
I need Laptop for Photoshop and Corel Draw work... I have difficulty to spend more than 45k... Will this budget be sufficient? for a mid-range workstation or lets call it semi-workstation laptop:)...

There is hell of various companies here... Sony, Dell, Compaq, Acer, Lenovo, etc.

Guys... please suggest me model from any of these companies. I won't be doing very high-end job... Just there will be light or medium graphic designing and photographs editing.

I think I will require min. 1gb memory and a decent gfx card. Im getting headache by looking at these so many varieties. Please suggest me guys...

Thanx in advance:)

Waiting for reply...

yup ! acer 5740g is really nice ! you can opt for 5741g also ! has nvidia gt320m :)

there was another vaio with full hd scrren and 5670hd ! was for 52k ! was quite nice and stylish. dont remember its model no. though !

Hi guys....

sorry but Acer 5740g I couldn't find listed on their official website Acer Home

There is just Aspire 5740 having Intel® GMA HD :(... No mention of nvidia or Ati gfx:S

Is this model new and the site isn't updated or its not available in India or discontinued ?:huh:

Friends... what about other companies... Sony Vaio, Dell ??

The Acer website is never updated , The Acer 5740G is been around for quiet some time and its not discontinued.

I didnt like acer's build quality its not great, and after sale support has a few problems

In Dell And Vaio , for your purpose i would suggest the :

Dell Studio 15 - i3-370M , with ATI HD5470 1GB 45K

or

Vaio - VPCEA23EN - i3-350M, with ATI HD5145 512MB 42K

I would suggest get the dell its 15.5" display , and the processor is also better.

Check if you can get any of the Macbooks at that price range, as an IPS panel will make a world of difference if color accuracy is your priority..

BEST OPTION FOR YOU:

Acer 5740G

Processor: i5 - 430M (2.2Ghz)

RAM: 4GB DDR3

GPU: Ati HD5650 (1GB Vram)

HDD: 500GB

Screen quality: Good

Speaker quality: Good

Build quality, Usability, Battery Life: Very Good

After-sales Service quality: Average

Value for money rating: 9.5/10

Price: 42500. (inclusive of freebies)

OPTION 2: If screen quality is a much higher preference than performance:

Sony Vaio VPCEB16FG

Processor: Core i-3 330M

GPU: Ati HD5650 (1GB Vram) - But maybe underclocked

15.5 (Full-HD: 1920 x 1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Plus, LED Backlight)

Price: 46.5-47.5k INR

Screen quality: Very Good

Speaker quality: Below average

Build quality, Usability, Battery Life: Slightly below Average

Value-for-money rating: 8/10

OPTION 3: If screen quality is a much higher preference and some performance is demanded at expense of price.

Sony Vaio E-series i5 model

Processor: Core i-5 430M

GPU: Ati HD5650 (1GB Vram) - But maybe underclocked

15.5 (Full-HD: 1920 x 1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Plus, LED Backlight)

Price: 54k-56k INR

Screen quality: Very Good

Speaker quality: Below average

Build quality, Usability, Battery Life: Slightly below Average

Value-for-money rating: 7/10

PS: Kindly correct me if i made a mistake somewhere. Info just based upon some research and personal experience after using the Vaio and acer models.

^LOL! :p

Only the iMac 21.5" and the 27" have the IPS displays. The MBP lineup uses the LED backlit TN displays IINM.

As for the OP's query, I think the Acer 5740G with the top-end specs including the i5 430 processor, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB hard drive and the 1GB HD5650 should be the most suitable option.

Back