Laptops Need Laptop Reccos

Manwe

Disciple
I was planning to buy a laptop or around 40K considering the following :

I wouldn't like to compromise on my processor and ram(ddr3), can compromise on GPU considering i play games like Football Manager etc, would also like good speakers.

Basically need a laptop for movies, occasional gaming, college work and just staying connected.

Any reccos?

* What's your Budget? - Arnd 40K

* What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? - Casual Gaming: football manager etc, Movies, Music, university

* What size and weight considerations do you have? - 14"- 16"

MohitPreet said:
check out zenith products if ur on budget looking for cheap deals
or else dell studio 15 is a good choice!!!

hey on what basic ur saying dell studio 15 good choice have u used one ????

if i am not wrong ur using vostro rt

yes man i m using dell vostro A840 and a year old inspiron 1525.

and i think dell studio 15 is a kick ass deal for its price!!

u had heating issues with that, not everyone has,

ur laptop heated up as u live in hot area- delhi. maybe thats y :p

Studio 14 is an old model dont go for that. U can get a good config of inspiron for arnd 38k also its integrated graphics 4500MHD should suffice ur needs if ur only plannin to play old games like football manager

MohitPreet said:

apart from heating while game its having color issues which many others have and within 1 month of use my backlit keyboard was dead and just got it replaced I am 3 yrs complete cover so i am tension free no isses but if ur suggesting someone without even having idea what crap product is this from dell this time its sad cos ur just seeing price and saying its good and if u wana say buy studio 15 better say buy with complete 3 yr cover then its fine

MohitPreet said:

How about try to lay your hands on a studio 15( and probably get them burnt) after a long gaming session. i bet if that piece of gadget is on your lap , it gonna fry the hell out of whats more important than the laptop :p . The Dell Studio 15 , as i find , has a good configuration but still the build quality doesn't live upto the price being quoted for the machine.

i believe,MohitPreet, you must not have an idea of what a laptop with discrete Graphics and an ill-designed cooling system ends up with ,and to add up to the cons of this freaking machine , one has to check out the poor build quality, what filmsy plastic has this machine been made, also the colour issue on the machine are so annoying that i have started trying to ignore them cause you can , in no way, get rid of it . not after replacing the screen , not even after replacing the whole of the laptop.

you must not keep suggesting something that you dont have an idea about and challenge the ones who own what's being talked about and that too just for the HECK of it!!!!

Arihant.EXE said:
How about try to lay your hands on a studio 15( and probably get them burnt) after a long gaming session. i bet if that piece of gadget is on your lap , it gonna fry the hell out of whats more important than the laptop :p . The Dell Studio 15 , as i find , has a good configuration but still the build quality doesn't live upto the price being quoted for the machine.

i believe,MohitPreet, you must not have an idea of what a laptop with discrete Graphics and an ill-designed cooling system ends up with ,and to add up to the cons of this freaking machine , one has to check out the poor build quality, what filmsy plastic has this machine been made, also the colour issue on the machine are so annoying that i have started trying to ignore them cause you can , in no way, get rid of it . not after replacing the screen , not even after replacing the whole of the laptop.

you must not keep suggesting something that you dont have an idea about and challenge the ones who own what's being talked about and that too just for the HECK of it!!!!

It will be helpful if you might suggest some other laptops then, considering my requirements and budget ofcourse.

Manwe said:
It will be helpful if you might suggest some other laptops then, considering my requirements and budget ofcourse.

i'm not sure about any other models mate , but i recommend you to part your ways from studio 15 , a machine this fragile .

Arihant.EXE said:

theek hai bhai!

yes i dont have any idea about graphic cards n cooling systems,

i m not much into gaming at all, but form the config the dell studio 15 looks like a good machine, since u use it u mite be knowing better,

as i said i have an inspiron 1525 and a vostro A840 , and both r with integrated graphics only

no issues related with them

MohitPreet said:
theek hai bhai!
yes i dont have any idea about graphic cards n cooling systems,
i m not much into gaming at all, but form the config the dell studio 15 looks like a good machine, since u use it u mite be knowing better,
as i said i have an inspiron 1525 and a vostro A840 , and both r with integrated graphics only
no issues related with them

yea thats the issue config is good value but overall its money save quality and with awful defects which dell dont know. We judge the laptop with issues. I have it and so my many friends thats why i have idea about issues.
as far as i am using dell laptops from last 6 yrs this is worst i ever seen. inspi 1525 i used for 1 yr never had issue nor i have seen any issue or need to call for part replacement for latitude and inspi 1501. So end of the day its the problem with this entire studio 15 only and xps 16 due to vent design defect

yes i had heard about the vent issue in dell xps 13 n 16,

but didnt that existed in studio 15 also

thanks for telling

i was also planning to get that

will get lattitude series.

i guess they r fine, no heating issues in that!!!

MohitPreet said:
yes i had heard about the vent issue in dell xps 13 n 16,
but didnt that existed in studio 15 also
thanks for telling
i was also planning to get that
will get lattitude series.
i guess they r fine, no heating issues in that!!!

vent issue is in xps 13 and 16. dell dont know whats the issue with studio15 thats why no cure. about screen color issues and some facting frequent parts issues anyways go with any series in dell apart from current xps and studio 15. rest all fine

Back