PC Peripherals Need last minute upgrade advice

Homer

Adept
Hey folks,after two and a half years its time to say good bye to my Athlon system. I need some final conformation about a couple of things as i'll probably take the plunge this friday . I have an idea of some of the prices but anyone who has bought these recently, please let me know how much you got it from and from where.

Processor :
E7200 (whats the current good OC batch?)

Motherboard: Already have a new MSI P35 Neo Combo

RAM : I'm totally confused here. I've heard that the Trancend and Corsair Value series are also pretty good for casual OC as long as you dont push them too high. So which is better, the Trancend JetRAM or Corsair VAlue Select?

PSU : It's a toss between POV Black Diamond and Corsair VX450.Both have 33A on the 12V rail and the POV is cheaper so confused. I will be using a 9800GT so i think the POV should suffice, what say?

Cabinet: CM690 (duh!) How much is it with side window?

HDD : 500 or 640? which cost/GB is better. Seagate or WD?

DVD writer : Need the cheapest one from Sony. which model to look for?

Case Fans: Really like the LED one on the CM Hyper 212. Any idea if you get them in lammy?

Thats it guys, please let me know the current price of these items. Will be buying this stuff from Mccann or prime (whoever gives lower rates).

RAM - Transcend

PSU - VX 450W

Case - 690 4k

HDD - any, both r good, 2.9 and 3.6 respectively

Writer - L.G. H55N/H62N, Samsung 203BD/SH223F

Fans - Amigo, Glacialtech, CM

@SP : Thanks for the quick reply. what about Sony DVD writers? I was referring to the fan on the Hyper 212.

@jigarpatel: i know, but I like the 690's layout a lot better.

Back