Need Mobile which can play java games without wap download

rajndra

Adept
I want to buy a mobile which can play games by transferring the games thru the data cable, and not download thru WAP.

Are there such mobiles ? If yes, please let me know the make/model of these mobiles. I would like a bigger screen (more than 2 inches). Budget range Rs 10k-13k.

Currently I have Samsung J210 which doesn't allow me such a luxury. Even downloads thru WAP fail with some error always.

TIA

Rajndra

i always assumed that any java supporting platform will be able to install java games :S

i had the sony k750i which used to install and play java games transferred via
data cable fine. n that was in 2006.

^^ There are some low end mobiles which have no USB connectivity or whatsoever and in those the only way to download game is through GPRS /Wap.

@OP

In almost all cell phones (SE and Nokia ) you can install games using data cable / memory card. So choose any of them.

I don't get it. its the same thing either you download from PC and then transfer to your phone.. or simply download through wap. you just need the setup inside your phone.. any mobile will do the JOB. Can't you transfer the games setup to your phone? the only problem would be if that jar/jad file is supported by your phone or not.(java version of your mobile should be compatible with the jar file + plus sometimes their are other restrictions too i e screen resolution etc.). Just Google for "games for <your mobile model no.>" or goto getjar.com, select your mob. phone and download the games.

If you are really much into mobile gaming and want new mobile then get the mobile from nokia which supports n-gage gaming. look out for other things like if that phone is hackable or not :p .

Most Samsung mobiles don't allow installation of java games by copying thru a Data Cable. However some allow thru WAP download only.

I tried the WAP download method, it gives error. I have Samsung data cable by which I can transfer files/music but cannot install the java games. Even now the java games are present on the mobile (both jar and jad files) still the mobile cannot install these games or play them.

Maybe I will try Nokia/Sony Ericsson models as suggested. Thanks for the same.

foruamit2004 said:
I don't get it. its the same thing either you download from PC and then transfer to your phone.. or simply download through wap. you just need the setup inside your phone.. any mobile will do the JOB. Can't you transfer the games setup to your phone? the only problem would be if that jar/jad file is supported by your phone or not.(java version of your mobile should be compatible with the jar file + plus sometimes their are other restrictions too i e screen resolution etc.). Just Google for "games for <your mobile model no.>" or goto getjar.com, select your mob. phone and download the games.

If you are really much into mobile gaming and want new mobile then get the mobile from nokia which supports n-gage gaming. look out for other things like if that phone is hackable or not :p .

Ok... buy a nokia or sony one. SO far I have tried 4-5 nokia's and 2 sony in last 5 years.. never had this kind of problem.

EDIT : I remeber now that my oldest nokia phone had the limit of 60kb. that means you could not install any games/application greater then 60KB.. have you noticed anything like that?

Back