Monitors Need Monitor, between 9k-10k

Hi friends,

Sorry for opening this thread but I didn't find any recent 10k budget monitor thread. Plz suggest me a monitor with the following criteria :

Budget = 9k-10k(+ 500/-, not more, lower the better)

Reason for Buying:
My 17" Samsung LCD(Myst 732N Plus) gone Bad and Samsung is offering 50% money return on the purchase price, that will equal to 4500/- +. They changed the panel but LCD have some power problem and they don't have parts available.

My Main Concern :
Although I use PC for surfing and watching movies, I sometimes play games too. I could have adjusted with a 6k monitor but I rarely upgrade so i want to buy best now within my range.

What's the problem?
After visiting many threads here and there, i am totally confused which monitor to get... I saw some LCD monitors are nearly priced to their LED counterpart as in DELL(like ST2220M(LED) and ST2210(LCD)). How much diff? Is it better to take LED in my price range? I really want to see improvement over that 17inch monitor otherwise it will be a waste to invest 10k for the same pic quality etc. This 17inch monitor have nearly same things except lower contrast ratio, lower resolution and size compared to Samsung B2230, all feature are same, power and HDMI/DVi doesn't matter when there are huge price diff.

Plz donot suggest acer, benq as their service isn't(maybe) available here...
I want to have monitor from the following brands
Dell,
Samsung,
LG(I can get it MUCH cheaper).

My categories(correct if i m wrong) :
LCD
Samsung B2230
Samsung B2330
Dell ST2210
etc.
LED
Dell ST2220M (I didn't find any LED monitor in 10k except this)

When to buy?
Need to buy urgent or can wait if any major discount(~1k) available in diwali etc.

Thanks for viewing my thread...

Thanks for replying guys..

@swastik, B2330 and ST2210 are good but B2330 is better in terms of contrast ratio, brightness etc etc... the thing that look better on paper doesnt always mean better, thats why I opened this thread... How about LED since they are NEW things in the market... And i saw that u tried to mention Benq, Is it better than dell, samsung counterparts? How is Dell ST2220M Led monitor compared to b2330/2230/St2210? Why did u prefer LCD over LED?

@ggt, I bought it for 9150/- or 9800/-(I don't remember) so half of it comes down to 4.5k.. yes that money is included in the cost... means My BUDGET = Samsung 4.5k + mine 5.5k. I don't want to invest any more money in PC... but monitor is the thing that we see and use every time so it should be better...

i dont have a led monitor so cant say anything about it

but if you are getting a led monitor under 10k which i doubt, then you should go ahead for the dell st2220m

never had any bad experience of dell products but dell A.S.S is very good as far as i know

i see that they have quoted the LED ST2220M at 9150 - this must surely be a misprint and if not then grab it fast

But Is ST2220M better than B2230/2330/ST2210? U are also welcome to suggest LG models(if better/equal in performance) since I can get it dirt cheap.

Guys I am more confused now.... We know led-backlit LCD monitor have some advantage over FL-lit LCD. But according to deltapage, ST2210(LCD) is pricier than ST2220M(LED)... why?..both have nearly same features

I don't want to go for acer due to warranty issue but if it's better than Dell ST2220M then I may consider about it....

Any better Samsung or LG monitor in my price range?

Plz suggest something because I can buy tomorrow ... I have to keep monitor ON for 24*7 due to monitor power problem(ON since last 10 days+)

@john, how is the monitor display quality? better than LCD, any problems?

I know that ST2210, B2230b2330 etc are good but I want to know which one is the best Monitor among these. Or i am missing better monitor among these monitors?

Any more suggestions please....

dont go for acer it has bluish tinge to its colours and its not that good looking .looks poorly build. out of dell and samsung depends on your usage.

if gaming and movies are main criteria go for smasung .if u are doing any editing or other work which require great colour reproduction then dell it is . you cant go wrong with either .

thanks guys for replying... There are more reviews available on net about Samsung PX2370 than Dell U2311H . Although many suggest U2311H over PX2370/ in ~300$ price category when asked. Surfing, Movie, Gaming are what I do on my PC. Any more new Monitors launching soon? I saw new Samsung monitors on its USA site.

I am also trying to get a new LG LD650/460 LCD TV @ cheap(~24k, MRP = 38k) through a dealer. Will using LCD TV as a monitor cause any problems? How do web surfing/reading text, PC work etc feels on LCD TV? I know movie/game will look better.

Two more questions,

LCD TV or LCD/LED Monitor?

If Monitor then which one?(Since I still m 50:50 about dell:samsung after valuable suggestions here, (problem are some of my friends whatever i buy they say this/that would be better, suppose that if i buy dell they samsung look brilliant, if I buy samsung they say dell was superb so i want of both worlds. I just cannot ignore them)

Back