Graphic Cards Need (moral) help to decide which GPU is best for my specific need...

No thermal throttling, its limited by bios clock speed limits.
I had to update to latest bios which should be more stable and also has higher power/clock limits.

With updated bios at stock, cooling is adequate. I have a case with poor airflow that becomes a hotbox if there is too much heat coming out.
At stock with 160w PL, i get gpu temp of mid to high 70s and memory in high 80s.
But stock uses way too much voltage. With undervolting i can get slightly faster performance at 130w and temps drop to high 60s and mid 70s resp.

For my own use case, i think even this is wasteful. I optimized it for 110w ( -30%PL) and i get 3-4% slower than stock and much better thermals/fan noise.
This is only 8% slower vs max everything + undervolting at 160w.

Max PL is 160w+20% but not useful as we cant increase clock speeds beyond 1820 which uses 160w with undervolting.
There are mod bios available too which can be used to increase PL and clock speeds ( beyond 2000 ), probably can get an additional 10% performance this way
but this gpu may not be built for that as its hot enough already at 160w.
That's decent temps at stock, I thought it'll be bad since it's not their premium offering. Thanks for sharing.

Hey @PunkX 75 I have a question. Since you have bought from him. Did you get an assurance that, will he provide help/assistance if there's a problem with your card after the warranty expires?

Like repairs & such. I have heard that this guy has good customer service, just wanted to have a second opinion from some one who has directly bought from him. Thanks.

Hey @PunkX 75 I have a question. Since you have bought from him. Did you get an assurance that, will he provide help/assistance if there's a problem with your card after the warranty expires?

Like repairs & such. I have heard that this guy has good customer service, just wanted to have a second opinion from some one who has directly bought from him. Thanks.
He did.

Although I will likely upgrade by the time the warranty expires lol. But good to have the option of help.

He did.

Although I will likely upgrade by the time the warranty expires lol. But good to have the option of help.
wow, that's nice. If confirmed that he actually helps for reasonable cost, that will make buying used much more palatable - esp RMA replaced ones would be perfect.
Who are we talking about here ? Pallab Banik ?

Not interested in buying any time soon, but how do you buy from him ? facebook ? ( dont have account )

wow, that's nice. If confirmed that he actually helps for reasonable cost, that will make buying used much more palatable - esp RMA replaced ones would be perfect.
Who are we talking about here ? Pallab Banik ?

Not interested in buying any time soon, but how do you buy from him ? facebook ? ( dont have account )
I got in touch with him via FB and then took his number. Dealt with him directly from there.

Back