Need most professional looking laptop!

I'm in the market for a new lappy and the intended usage and requirements are:

1. Heavy Photoshop, Flex, AIR and other web development work mostly on Adobe tools and other tools which a software engg student uses for his projects. :)

2. Will be using Virtual Box quite frequently.

3. Should play 1080p HD videos with breeze.

4. Screen size MAXIMUM 14".

5. Laptop with SSD is highly recommended!

6. Important: Should have the Professional Looks and sturdy build! I don't like laptops with floral designs or cheap/flashy colors like green, pink etc :p

Was looking at the Macbook Pro for its good looks and build quality along with its AWESOME track pad :) . But not sure whether i should buy it as i also use many tools which work only on Windows. I'm not sure how efficient the windows runs using boot camp software.

Budget is Max 50k. Can extend only if i have to buy an Apple product(Read: Macbook Pro) :p

Have good experience with Dell Latitude E6400, use a Latitude 5400 for work :p Suggest you to take a look at them

a decent core i7 laptop will be good for u. check out asus x42jr or dell xps15 with i7.

when i was reading ur requirements the first thing came into my mind was macbook pro :lol:

well latitude E5400 is EOL , do wait for 2 months E5420 /E6420 will be out, which is known to be E3 Series and will have sturdy built and good design with equally good hardware and A.S.S , im waiting for the launch too so that my company replaces my E6400

Do consider the HP ProBooks and Lenovo ThinkPad series as well. They are supposedly business oriented laptops. Not aware of any particular model here but have seen quite a few around and they definitely look sturdy to me.

So many requirements, the budget needs to be better if you are serious.

65K can get you what you need from Dell with a high res 1600x1200 14"

Go for Lenovo thinkpad, its built like a tank, you should watch some you tube videos of thinkpads getting dropped etc

MBP with a decent size SSD will overshoot your budget.The only decent thinkpad is T410,the most basic model with only 2gigs of RAM costs >55k.If you really want to buy a a good business laptop with decent multimedia,increase your budget.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

;
letmein said:
Heavy Photoshop on a MBA?? :rofl:
Heavy photoshop on a 14 inch screen is a joke in itself;)

Looks like i will better wait for couple months and buy the Macbook Pro 2011 edition.

Budget is not actually fixed at 50k. I'm totally flexible about it.

The main reason why i'm inclined towards MBP are:

1. I love its trackpad!! I have used MBP several times and haven't found any other manufacturer's trackpad as good as MBP's.

2. Good looks and awesome build quality.

3. Very good support for Adobe Apps.

4. Planning to venture into iOS App development...(Not planned though :p)

5. I use iPhone 4 and i just love how intuitive Apple is and the flaunt value that the Apple brand offers ;)

What i want to know is:

Does Windows 7 runs at full efficiency when installed on MBP?

PhotostarSR said:
What i want to know is:

Does Windows 7 runs at full efficiency when installed on MBP?

Answer is "NO, that awesome trackpad with multitouch, performs poorly on Windows via bootcamp and the battery life gets reduced as well".

If you want to run windows, My suggestion is use VMware Fusion: Run Windows on Mac for Desktop Virtualization. Its offers much better experience and it run all windows apps except games & cpu/gpu intensive ones.

letmein said:
Heavy Photoshop on a MBA?? :rofl:
Its not a joke, the MBA with 4gigs of RAM and an SSD is fast enough to handle most things you throw at it in Photoshop. In fact, it is faster than the current 13" pro in most tasks.

Back