CPU/Mobo Need new MOBO

Homer

Adept
Hey folks,my MSI K8N-Neo4 is beyond repair and they dont have a spare in stock.It took them a month and a half to figure this out:bleh: .Anyways,the guy said he can give me another board,but has only one model in 939 socket(some micro ATX board). So I was thinking of asking him an AM2 socket board or If he agrees,an Intel chipset board.

I dont want to spend a lot of money changing the CPU and RAM (saving up for 9600GT/8800GT),so what will be better?I could always get either chipset and upgrade the CPU and RAM later cause i'm in no hurry. So guys,please suggest a good board for both chipsets which can be used with upcomming proccys.Thanks.:)

Firstly...

if you change from 939 to AM2/Intel.. you WILL hav to change your proccy.

When you say you'r in no hurry do you mean to say that you'll get the new chipset and let it sit idle for sometime till you get a new chip and memory????

secondly.. abt your queries... Budget please.. im gonna assume you aint going for something too high-end.. with that in mind...

for the AM2 side of things.. the 690g chipset is recommended quiet often around here. boards with this come for around 2.7-3.5k... Jetway/gigabyte etc. this could be teamed up with a very basic X2 4000+ which can be got for around

On the intel side of things.. you wont have too many performance oriented options whch come for cheap. though i have heard of a 7100 chipset board from Jetway... have no idea about how good it is nd all...

for around 4.4-4.8k you can get a Biostar TP35-D2 board.. this is based on the P35 chipset..

Just called the service center and he has given me these options in place of
my MSI board :

K8N Neo 4 Platinum(S 939)
K9AGNeo2 -Digital (AMD 690G and SB600 based)
G33M-IM - (Intel based G33 chipset...supports Penryn)

So which is better?I'm currently using a ASUS A8N-E ,so dont need another 939 socket board.So between 690G and the G33 ,which one will be good for gaming considering I get a 9600GT in the comming months?

Back