Need new Phone (After the Loss a BB)

adilj

Adept
Hey,
Need a new phone as i have lost my BB 8900 (Some phakur nicked it :mad:)... So am looking for a new phone...

1. Q: Budget?
A: 28K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Best in budget

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nokia/Samsung/Sony - A STRICT NO

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Qwerty extremely necessary. If there is a touch screen than its an icing on the cake

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android or BB OS

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Everything

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Mails, Chats, Internet and Multimedia

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Am thinking of the BB Torch or if not that than HTC Sensation (but has no QWERTY keypad)

TIA

And if any of u guys know or can help me track my phone please let me know... Cause the Vodaffone people bluntly refused and said they will not even accept an FIR... Some suggested that BB can track the phone... Can they really do that

I think, as you were using BB earlier and have even thought of having another one, so it makes you more familiar with BB OS so certainly go with any BB, as per my suggestion I feel Bold 9780 is the best option, though you wont get the touch screen but then don't know how success are the BB touchscreens. As far as Bold is concerned... It is always BOLD. People rely on the Bolds and considering the OS and all you get the same on both the Torch and the Bold.

Getting an Android With QWERTY is kinda difficult at that price range.. So consider these:

Android - Samsung galaxy S2

BB OS- Torch

These are your Best Bet..

Also,if you are going for BB again, just wait as Torch 2 is about to come with BB OS7..

Desire Z is good but now as many Dual Core Droids are being released, i doubt if it will sustain in the long run

I suggest you to get the Optimus 2x atleast if Galaxy S2 is out of budget..

But if possible,get the S2 as its display is far better..

You can OC the 2x to 1.5Ghz dual core if you want to... If the Display is ok then go for it..

BTW LG's IPS display is very good but inferior to S2.. As coming from a BB either will be a Good Upgrade

Aman27deep said:
HTC Desire Z would be my choice for you, or as u have already used a BB, maybe Torch?
BB Torch has tanked.

With the sort of budget OP has, i dont think any purchase less than the Sg2 will really be satisfactory.

Other choices within the budget can be the Lg Optimus 2x, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire Z, Motorola Milestone 2.

Depending upon the specific requirement of Qwerty, HTC Desire Z wins hands down. Its a pretty good set overall as well.

Motorola Milestone 2 has bad SAR ratings.

Isnt dezire z almost outdated??? Just saw the specs and i do not think it will be able to handle any updates after the gingerbread... Cause all new Android OS will get optimized for dual core processors...

My main reason to go for qwerty phone is that i am kind of on the big side so getting a full tocuh screen can make typing a bit of a difficulty for me... Used the BB 8900 qwerty and man that was awesome... Also used the Samsung corby pro and did not like it at all....

Samsung Galaxy S2 is out cause i strictly do not want Samsung phones and i do not liek the looks of that particular phone also (dont like them for some personal reasons)...

And my budget is kind of not fixed i can probably spend even 35k for the phone but the phone has to be exceptionally good or else it is not worth wpending more the 30k(give and take) for a phone....

When is the Torch 2 supposed to release???? Any ideas????

Aman27deep said:
I suggested Desire Z and not other new phones as the OP wants a QWERTY phone.

Ok will go and check out the phone at croma... and see if i like it...

Are there no HTC QWERTY phones in the pipeline???

I was really impressed with the Torch 2... but there is no conformation as to when it will release??? If it is in a month or so am ready to wait for the phone get that only...

Back