Need Nokia Maps on android

Am sure you guys must have heard that nokia introduced Nokia Maps for IOS and Android. These are way better then google maps as i have heard. Plus they can be downloaded offline or used offline.Now, i have been looking hard for a downlaod link, all say go to maps.nokia.com from your mobile. For past 2 days i have tried almost every browser on my Motorola Defy, but that link opens up a jpeg for me.

Can someone please point me to some link where i can download this for my defy running stock foroyo 2.2.2.

paarkhi said:
Nokia maps are good only when available offline, it cannot beat Google Maps online (talking about detail wise)

Agreed! but nothing can beat Nokia turn by turn voice guided navigation. its really helpful while driving when it says out loud the directions, rather than having to peek at the phone now and then.

paarkhi said:
Nokia maps are good only when available offline, it cannot beat Google Maps online (talking about detail wise)

Agree. However, what are the chances you will find a signal at a remote location? Nil in most cases. Offline navigation is underrated. When without a signal, or without a data packet, nothing can beat having a working offline map.

but as far as I understand it is still not available to download for Android atleast, it says html5 powered website, can't say about iphone, if this is the case then what's the use?

Uhhh... Sygic

Also you can get navigation with Google maps with the ownhere patched version.

I really like v5.9.0. You can precache an area on it where you may not have internet connectivity!

You also get great transit directions for the Metro even though bus route numbers are a bit awry.

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on Andro-ID RC2

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Uhhh... Sygic

Also you can get navigation with Google maps with the ownhere patched version.
I really like v5.9.0. You can precache an area on it where you may not have internet connectivity!
You also get great transit directions for the Metro even though bus route numbers are a bit awry.

Sent from my Spice MI-410 on Andro-ID RC2

As mentioned above, google maps latest version caches the map, similar to a nokia offline version

Back