Budget 90k+ Need optimal system for my 55" LED monitor

viratshah

BossMan
Disciple
I'm hooking up a samsung 8000 series 55" TV as a monitor.
What do I need for the system configuration in order to use the monitor to it's full potential.

I'm clueless as of now.
I'm probably going to go with SSDs for faster boot times.
Can similar-to-mac boot times be achieved on windows? If so, what do I need?
Money isn't an issue, This is my going to be my primary work system and am going to do one-on-one presentation with our top clients on this so I need it to be pretty darn impressive.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

From what I know, your monitor still has a display of only 1920x1080. Do you need this to be a high-performing system? As in will you be doing heavy-duty stuff on it like gaming or video encoding etc. ? If not, you can have a fairly basic system (with an SSD) with a normal graphics card. Keep very less software installed to get faster boot times. On my HTPC with Windows 8, with a WD Black 3.5" HDD as boot OS, it starts within 10-15 seconds - though it might have something to do with the hibernation state that Windows 8 puts the machine into. I only have XMBC and Office installed on that machine, nothing else.

And try Windows 8. My laptop has a 7200rpm HDD but it boots in 15-16sec ready to use and shut down takes 6-8 sec.
But again the display is limited to 1080p so I dont see any need of adding some hardware only for the display purpose.
I connect my laptop to a 42"LED but I use it from 8 feet away so its ok. Any nearer and the screen size seems annoying...
What is the other purpose you would like to use the system for? Like a media server, gaming machine, photo/video editing... will really determine the kind of hardware you may need...

From what I know, your monitor still has a display of only 1920x1080. Do you need this to be a high-performing system? As in will you be doing heavy-duty stuff on it like gaming or video encoding etc. ? If not, you can have a fairly basic system (with an SSD) with a normal graphics card. Keep very less software installed to get faster boot times. On my HTPC with Windows 8, with a WD Black 3.5" HDD as boot OS, it starts within 10-15 seconds - though it might have something to do with the hibernation state that Windows 8 puts the machine into. I only have XMBC and Office installed on that machine, nothing else.

Thanks you guys for taking the pains to respond.
Not really, I wouldn't mind a high performing system but don't need one really.
I just want the system to give me the best "experience" I can get. You don't see many people with a 55" 3D LED monitor, so I want the system to look really great.

Also, an SSD from what you say would majorly cut the boot times right?
So if I run the OS on a primary SSD and have secondary SATAs for data storage, that would work great right?

Any tips for accessories or just about anything to make the setup look/feel better?
This is mainly going to be used for presentations to clients. Isn't there anything like the apple magic trackpad I can buy for windows?

^ I would definitely recommend Windows 8 for the wow factor. Looks great on my 40".

You can get one of the new keyboard/mice which support Windows 8 gestures. Something like these below -
Microsoft's Touch Mouse updated with support for Windows 8 multitouch gestures | The Verge
Another good option is -
T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad for Windows 8 - Logitech

Supports gestures like - http://www.logitech.com/en-hk/66/10394

SSD for boot OS and SATA for other data - more than sufficient. Rest all is aesthetics. Wall-mount the screen, no wires visible etc.

Best of luck and do post pics :)

Back