Budget 15-20K Need phone suggestion for elderly relative

Bhaalu

Recruit
Budget -

What is your budget? Mention Locality/Currency & Price Range.

₹10000-20000

New or Used? Online or in-store?

New. Any

Brand -

Do you have any brand preference or dislikes? Please name them.

Samsung is preferred but open to others.

Usage -

What is your intended use?

Calls
YouTube/Hotstar at full volume
Casual internet browsing and social media like WhatsApp, etc

What is your expected battery backup?

More the better..with the kind of usage I believe every phone would last a day (probably)

How long are you intending to use this phone?

Loooong time. Parents don't usually switch

Connectivity -

What is your preferred network?

5G

What is the number of connections required?

Single SIM is fine

Platform :

Operating System (OS) -​

Do you have any OS preference?

Android cause budget lol

RAM & Storage -

How much RAM and Storage do you want?

8GB RAM and at least 128GB of storage. Some people say 6 is also fine but I want to future proof it.

Do you want a memory card slot?

Not a priority

Processing power -​

If you have an idea of how much processing power you'd need mention here, else feel free to ignore.

You can judge this by use case..

Display :

What is your preferred display size, type, resolution and refresh rate?

I feel Amoled should be preferred because content consumption is gonna be the main use anyway

Mention any specific requirements here.

Sturdy build is a nice positive. I'm unsure of curved display because of lack of protection. Maybe someone can comment about it..

Miscellaneous :

Any other requirements?

Nothing else noteworthy...

If you have already considered a phone, then please mention.

We're looking at Samsung M34(8/128) rn. And it fits the bill mostly just not sure how Exynos would work out.. I'm using a Samsung with SD chipset and it's working well but cannot say the same for sure for Exynos. But then again usage can be managed by that chip as well and updates are gonna come for 4+ years (hopefully phone handles it..8GB RAM )

If any requirement takes a higher priority than other, mention here.

Screen quality, battery and build quality seem to be the 3 most important things afaik.

M34 for Samsung, else G54/G84 should run smoother in the long run because of stock android (even though they will get just 1 OS update vs 4 for M34). M34's chip is weak, no doubt, not sure how it will manage after a few years but should still be fine for your relative IMO.
Thanks for the suggestion. Would be going for it once I find SBI CC. Also I did consider the G54 but after watching this video the idle drain of battery is way too much and old folks would freak out due to the same.

Back