Budget 15-20K Need phone under 20K, regular to heavy usage.

Clarkdale44

Disciple
Hello,

I need advice about which phone to buy. Previously used redmi phone so I'm used to miui, hoping to buy something from the same brand. I need decent to good camera and good multi tasking performance and battery should be at least 5000 mAh.
I've came down to these choices.
1: poco x5 pro
2: poco x6
3: moto g85

Which one of the above 3 should I go for or
If you have something better then please do share. My budget is 20k.
Regards!

Last edited:
Thanks but it lacks 3.5 mm audio jack. It might not be important in bluetooth era but it is must for me.
Get an Apple USB-C to 3.5mm for that. I hugely resented the shift too but that was my solution. Have never used bluetooth earbuds as my preferred earphones since 2022, which was when I first started using a phone without a 3.5mm jack.

I keep my USB-C to 3.5mm always connected to my IEM so don't have to worry about forgetting to take them. Only issue is that I can't use wired earphones at the same time as charging the phone but not too big of a problem.

I'm the same with the jack, I would not buy a phone without one. But, the moto g85 you've shortlisted also does not have a 3.5mm jack.
1720847230930.png

The best overall phone is the Poco X6, it has decent camera and good performance to handle everyday tasks. Another option that you missed out on was the Realme 12+, it has the best camera in this segment and the performance isn't far behind when compared to the Poco. It also has a 5000mAH battery, a headphone jack and also a micro sd slot which is missing in the Poco. So the choice is yours.

I would still prefer dedicated port instead of buying some c to 3.5mm, just not my preference.
You will have a wire going into the port anyway so I don't understand why an extra 3-5cm (that is how long a type-c to 3.5mm adapter usually is) is an issue. There are also type-c earphones/IEMs in the market which will eliminate the issue by itself and not to forget with how common type-c ports are being there are more type-c electronics emerging anyway.

I would still prefer dedicated port instead of buying some c to 3.5mm, just not my preference.
Fair enough. I'm just saying that it may not be the best idea to cut out some options because of a singular feature (and one that is realistically added back without too much of an inconvenience at that). As an audiophile, I totally understand the dilemma - and I will still prefer to and recommend you to buy a better phone without an audio jack, rather than buying an inferior phone with.

In fact, I wouldn't be so sure that the audio jack found on budget devices would be on par with the relatively inexpensive Apple dongle - case in point, my gaming laptop which cost a little over 1L back in 2021 had worse audio quality than a 900Rs Apple dongle. Not an earth shattering difference, but a noticeable difference nonetheless (the bass was definitively worse and the sound overall felt hollowed out compared to using the dongle). I couldn't go back after that.
Same case with a Poco X3. I admit I don't have experiences with budget Android devices newer than 2021, but they do have to be built at a cost, and features/quality have to be sacrificed for the same. I'd rather they remove the audio jack if it means I get a better phone overall.

I probably sound pessimistic af but I have accepted that the battle of audio jack is lost (especially on the higher end) and made my peace with it; for better or worse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just my 2cents. Good luck with the search!

Last edited:
Thanks but it lacks 3.5 mm audio jack. It might not be important in bluetooth era but it is must for me.
The moto g84 has a headphone jack and I have been using it since october last year, haven't had any problems just that moto leaves a lot to be desired in the software department as it barely has any features on top of the stock android experience. Also no OS upgrades after android 14.

The POCO X6 is an obvious choice. It's like the perfect phone with all the bells and whistle under 20K.

Performance is stellar thanks to the 7S Gen 2 and HyperOS, display supports Dolby Vision, camera supports OIS with average results, and one of the few devices to come with a headphone jack and an IR blaster.

Performance is stellar thanks to the 7S Gen 2
I've heard sd 778g which is in x5 pro beats this by margin, is that for real?
Realme Narzo 70 Pro 5G
Good option, thanks
I'm just saying that it may not be the best idea to cut out some options because of a singular feature
What you said is also a fair point, but it will take me some time to get over this feature.
Other than 3.5mm jack, do you have any other requirements
None other than what's already mentioned.

Last edited:
all good phones - I would say try to get a phone with a gen 2 chip - 4nm process = better battery life
on the other hand
https://techenclave.com/threads/poco-x5-pro-5g-8-256-horizon-blue.220895/#post-2536247
Personally I was not satisfied with an X4 pro which had a SD695.

I eventually got a used F5 for 18k which works perfect - no lag and butter smooth. I found it worth giving up the 3.5mm port for. The 7+ gen2 is much closer to an 8 series than the 7S gen 2
you may get to snag an F series phone for 24K or less during the upcoming sale. If you cannot spend more and want to save cash, get something used like i shared.

I eventually got a used F5 for 18k which works perfect
Good deal. This chipset is far off from other budget segments. And yeah it would be hard to spend more, I will see what can be done. I'm at a stage where I'm still making my mind on which to take, I want to avoid stock android if possible.
. But, the moto g85 you've shortlisted also does not have a 3.5mm jack.
Probably slipped to notice. Thanks for the heads up.
just that moto leaves a lot to be desired in the software department as it barely has any features on top of the stock android experience.
That's why moto g85 was third on my list, and why I want to avoid stock android, my cousin uses moto g54, although it runs smooth, but like you said, the software is just too basic. One of the most important feature missing is auto call recording. It's like having too much power but nothing to use it on.

Last edited:
Get an Apple USB-C to 3.5mm for that. I hugely resented the shift too but that was my solution. Have never used bluetooth earbuds as my preferred earphones since 2022, which was when I first started using a phone without a 3.5mm jack.

I keep my USB-C to 3.5mm always connected to my IEM so don't have to worry about forgetting to take them. Only issue is that I can't use wired earphones at the same time as charging the phone but not too big of a problem.
how's the port holding up for you? it's the only reason why I left wired earphones. I used to **** up my headphone jack on my phone because I used to listen with phone in the pocket and go running or something, and was worried the same might happen to my charging port too which would be an even bigger PITA.

Also why apply usb c to headphone jack? is Apple better than others?

Also why apply usb c to headphone jack? is Apple better than others?
It is one of the best sounding USB-C DAC at a very affordable price point (₹900 directly from Apple; ₹799 from Maplestore). The wire feels really delicate though, although I remember seeing people successfully cover it with shrink-wrap.

Asking from durability POV - How long have you used them? Do you use them outdoors and keep them in your pockets? How is the TypeC to 3.5mm DAC's wire holding up?

Last edited:
Back