Budget 15-20K Need phone under 20K, regular to heavy usage.

Clarkdale44

Disciple
Hello,

I need advice about which phone to buy. Previously used redmi phone so I'm used to miui, hoping to buy something from the same brand. I need decent to good camera and good multi tasking performance and battery should be at least 5000 mAh.
I've came down to these choices.
1: poco x5 pro
2: poco x6
3: moto g85

Which one of the above 3 should I go for or
If you have something better then please do share. My budget is 20k.
Regards!

Last edited:
I've heard sd 778g which is in x5 pro beats this by margin, is that for real?

Good option, thanks

What you said is also a fair point, but it will take me some time to get over this feature.

None other than what's already mentioned.
Than its not an issue you could use an 24bit usbc dongle which give high resolution audio which even a phone with default 3.5mm jack cant produce.

Now a days phone with genuine 3.5mm jack are rare. The last phone i can genuinely say which produces good sound on a 3.5mm jack is Galaxy S9.

how's the port holding up for you? it's the only reason why I left wired earphones. I used to **** up my headphone jack on my phone because I used to listen with phone in the pocket and go running or something, and was worried the same might happen to my charging port too which would be an even bigger PITA.

Also why apply usb c to headphone jack? is Apple better than others?
Asking from durability POV - How long have you used them? Do you use them outdoors and keep them in your pockets? How is the TypeC to 3.5mm DAC's wire holding up?
Thank you for your questions. I have used a thick amount of putty/blue tack like substance on both ends of the connector with blue-colored paper top on top (see pic attached). Ugly, yes, but this is the best I could imagine in the absence of shrinkwrap (I don't want to use a fire at all near my electronics) and pretty darn functional imo. I have been using the dongle with IEMs at least 3-4 times a week from August 2022 onwards.

Both the earphone cable as well as the dongle itself are perfectly functional and don't show any damage/tearing. In fact, the cable attached to the IEMs in the picture (Truthear Hexa) is from my 2020 Signature Audio Raven earphones, which was about Rs. 2200 IEM back then. So from 2020-2022 I used the Raven IEMs with this cable running and walking, and after that for walking and jogging (and running after trains and buses lol). I got the Hexa sometime in September 2023 I think, and it's been used with the Hexa in everything - from jeans pockets to cargo pants to jacket pockets and just jogging/cycling with it in my hand.
Again, pretty ugly to look at but I'm not looking at it at all except when plugging it in.

I think what's massively helped the durability is that I always keep IEMs in a separate pouch of their own - for the Hexa, it was the soft (faux?) leather pouch (see pic) that it came with, and before that it was an egg bag that came with some 1More buds. I just throw them in my bag with a soft case on, otherwise I am sure they would be much worse in terms of visible wear.

Attachments

• 1720902956347.jpeg
    1720902956347.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 1720903913303.jpeg
    1720903913303.jpeg
    323 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The best overall phone is the Poco X6, it has decent camera and good performance to handle everyday tasks. Another option that you missed out on was the Realme 12+.
Realme 12+ specs aren't bad either. Other than no infrared port, it looks as good as poco x6. Thanks for suggestion.

I've seen plenty of youtube reviews comparing the camera quality between devices, and x5 pro's camera seems to be better compared to all others in the same price segment.
Nope. The 7S Gen 2 is a re-packaged 778G (6nm) on the 4nm process. As a result, you get better efficiency i.e. less heating and extended battery life.

Snapdragon's naming scheme is just as bad as MediaTek.
1720933488696.png

In real life scenario only marginal performance difference. Even If I get x5 pro I don't think it would make any difference.

Last edited:
In real life scenario only marginal performance difference. Even If I get x5 pro I don't think it would make any difference.
Yes but the point by @AINDRASIS_GUPTA is about getting better temperatures and increased battery backup time, not performance. A performance benchmark will not shed light on that. Look up endurance times for that; although comparing those always has way too many variables imo

Yes but the point by @AINDRASIS_GUPTA is about getting better temperatures and increased battery backup time, not performance. A performance benchmark will not shed light on that. Look up endurance times for that; although comparing those always has way too many variables imo
Overall the phone seems nice, but I'm confused between x6 and some used F5. Lets see how it goes.

Last edited:
Would suggest not to go with Xiaomi phones, are not reliable like before or competitive in pricing.

Although they have huge batteries but are not able to provide backup based on the battery capacity.
Yeah that is an issue with most phones but I think it depends on software optimization and usage. I'm not in favor of any phone with stock android experience.
How is one plus nord ce3 5g? It's around my budget these days.

Last edited:
Back