Disciple
This is my config

Intel i5 4440
Gigabyte B85M D3H
Corsair Vengence 8GB
1 TB HDD + 250 SSD
3 case fans
PSU CM Thunder 450

I'm going to buy Asus Gtx 960 Today and heard Thunder series is not good psu.I don't want to burn my components.

Suggest me any good psu that can handle my pc.

960 has very low power draw. I think the thunder should do just fine.

If you must change the PSU anyway, get a seasonic s12 bronze 520W.

It should last you a few upgrades.

960 has very low power draw. I think the thunder should do just fine.

If you must change the PSU anyway, get a seasonic s12 bronze 520W.

It should last you a few upgrades.

I'm from Hyderabad and there is no Seasonic in retail shops nor service centers.I really don't wanna take risk.Anything goes wrong then it'll be long way to replace.

If My Thunder 450w runs fine then i will stick to it.Because i still have 1 1\2 year warranty left.
Just tell me my components wont burn with that psu.

how do u rate between Thunder and Corsair cx series.If cx is good enough then i'll go for it..

Last edited:
I'm from Hyderabad and there is no Seasonic in retail shops nor service centers.I really don't wanna take risk.Anything goes wrong then it'll be long way to replace.

If My Thunder 450w runs fine then i will stick to it.Because i still have 1 1\2 year warranty left.

how do u rate between Thunder and Corsair cx series.If cx is good enough then i'll go for it..

Corsair CX is rubbish - uber cheapo parts inside. Stick to your existing PSU.

As for seasonic, you can buy it online - either from ebay or flipkart or amazon.

I have 3 seasonics - a 1000W platinum, a 620 bronze and a 550 gold in multiple machines. All work great and have been working fine for a long while now. They are the best built PSUs out there - top quality internals for the price. Also they are the only one who make their own PSUs. The rest simply buy from a random oem and rebadge.

I have a Corsair CX430M and its running fine. Go with Corsair CX500M @ 5300 or Seasonic M12II 520w @ 6300.

Nothing can go wrong with Corsair as it has impeccable After Sales Service in India.OK.

Read some reviews and threads,seems like everyone suggesting Seasonic.I just mailed Overclockerzone regarding Seasonic RMA process.They said,will tell how to mail psu to our place for RMA,nearest place chennai/bangalore.
Its sad that all good products doesn't have service center in Hyderabad.And i just came from CTC hyderabad and i don't find any Asus 960,all have zotac and Msi which priced at 17.5k..What they telling is Asus GPU is in short and will not be available for some time.

I should have bought it when it was priced at 16.3k with witcher 3 freebie/batman AK.. :(

Read some reviews and threads,seems like everyone suggesting Seasonic.I just mailed Overclockerzone regarding Seasonic RMA process.They said,will tell how to mail psu to our place for RMA,nearest place chennai/bangalore.
Its sad that all good products doesn't have service center in Hyderabad.And i just came from CTC hyderabad and i don't find any Asus 960,all have zotac and Msi which priced at 17.5k..What they telling is Asus GPU is in short and will not be available for some time.

I should have bought it when it was priced at 16.3k with witcher 3 freebie/batman AK.. :(

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Asus-Nvidia-...5?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item463e01e463

Use the 10EBAYDEAL coupon to get 9% off. Will bring it down to 16k or so. If you pay via mobikwik wallet, you'll get another 300 bucks off.[DOUBLEPOST=1437033971][/DOUBLEPOST]
For 25 bucks its okay. However the indian price is very very different from 25 bucks. It costs 3.5k here which makes it extremely poor vfm.

You can buy an Eco series 430W seasonic for less and that psu is rated at 50 degrees. Makes the corsair seem like a rip off.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Asus-Nvidia-...5?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item463e01e463

Use the 10EBAYDEAL coupon to get 9% off. Will bring it down to 16k or so. If you pay via mobikwik wallet, you'll get another 300 bucks off.[DOUBLEPOST=1437033971][/DOUBLEPOST]
For 25 bucks its okay. However the indian price is very very different from 25 bucks. It costs 3.5k here which makes it extremely poor vfm.

You can buy an Eco series 430W seasonic for less and that psu is rated at 50 degrees. Makes the corsair seem like a rip off.

whats the difference between eco and normal one?[DOUBLEPOST=1437034788][/DOUBLEPOST]
not interested in any other GPU (costlier ones)? or budgetary restriction?

Cannot buy higher than that.Max budget is 20k max if its really worthy.Only one that comes in mind is GTX 960.And lot of review says Asus have good cooling.

I got my Asus GTX 960 Strix 2GB for 15650/- and Antec VP550P for 3350/- from lamington road mumbai on 7/7/2015. No issues till now. GPU Temps slightly higher but that is because of my cabinet.

whats the difference between eco and normal one?[DOUBLEPOST=1437034788][/DOUBLEPOST]

Cannot buy higher than that.Max budget is 20k max if its really worthy.Only one that comes in mind is GTX 960.And lot of review says Asus have good cooling.

Eco is a cheaper PSU and is built on a cheaper underlying platform. However it is still better than Corsair CX.

So 550w is more than enough for GTX 960 regardless of efficiency right ? What about temp it can withstand ?
Its not the temperature which it can withstand - it is the internal psu temperature at which measurements are done. So if a PSU is tested in a real cold environment, you'd be able to pull more power out of it than a hot environment.

Antec's low end stuff is normally rated at 40 degrees. 400W is enough for a 960 to be honest. You don't neet 500-550W. I'm running a 7970 GHz edition card on a 550W and it doesn't break a sweat.

Back