Need some advice on purchasing Washing Machine

Machines do vibrate more than usual if the load is as small as a single shirt. See if the same happens if the load is more, say 5 shirts and 3 jeans. If it still happens, it is unusual. Even machine manuals ask not to run it at such low loads.

It vibrates and leaves its place tilting to the left or right. But that is only with a single shirt. It won't happen when I use it at 75% of load. I am fine with the vibrations. It is that jerk at the start of spin cycle which rocks my machine and it starts tilting.
I have read the manual and while it does say to not use it at low loads I thought it would manage the load of the t-shirt.
Also, do those technicians do the levelling. I tried to do it but I am not able to get the bubble at the centre. So I was thinking of calling him and get it done.
But in the past, the guy has said that levelling has to be done by the customer and not by company. I mean, I tried and its not happening so I don't want to overdo and damage something in this process. It is better to get it done as they are qualified and have hands-on experience with these machines.

Last edited:
Also, do those technicians do the levelling. I tried to do it but I am not able to get the bubble at the centre. So I was thinking of calling him and get it done.
But in the past, the guy has said that levelling has to be done by the customer and not by company. I mean, I tried and its not happening so I don't want to overdo and damage something in this process. It is better to get it done as they are qualified and have hands-on experience with these machines.

That's such a big load of BS. They are supposed to make sure it is installed by proper levelling. At least, the guys who came to install my Bosch machine years ago, did it properly. After that I have moved twice and I levelled it myself. It's quite easy and you can learn by watching a few videos if you can't figure it on your own..

That's such a big load of BS. They are supposed to make sure it is installed by proper levelling. At least, the guys who came to install my Bosch machine years ago, did it properly. After that I have moved twice and I levelled it myself. It's quite easy and you can learn by watching a few videos if you can't figure it on your own..
Thanks for your reply.. I tried searching for a video on how to level Bosch machine to see if it's similar to mine. I am assuming there would be two-nut arrangement for Bosch too wherein the top nut is the lock and the bottom nut is used to level the machine. I am thinking this assembly should be standard across all companies. The manual on my LG also mentions a two-nut arrangement. But whn I try to level the machine, I can only move the level screw and not the top- lock arrangement which is necessary to ensure the level nut stays in place. LG guys are so adamant that they don't bother looking or listening to what I have to say. They say yeh aishi hi hai (it's like this only). I mean what crap!! Either the guys are lying or the manual is garbage.
Do you have a similar arrangement?

Attachments

• lock-level-comp.jpg
    lock-level-comp.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 106
Instead of calling over phone, register your complain about improper installation over mail. Otherwise they won't bother to do the leveling. Installing it properly or the first time should be their job. Tickets raised over mail seem to cause greater consternation to the customer service. Tell them over mail that the technician says that levelling isn't my job. Watch their behaviour change in 2 days.

Luckily, both of my previous two machines - Bosch and Haier were installed fully by the company technicians.

So my machine leaves from it's place when I wash a single cloth item like a t-shirt on a 15 mins "Download cycle". I have already called LG guys thrice and they say it is expected, I mean they say machine is supposed to move from it's place. I get it if it's an unbalanced load. But a single t-shirt shouldn't be that heavy to cause the machine to start moving when the spin cycle begins. It is only in initial time when the machine experiences jerks and moves left-right or right-left. Once the drum has obtained the speed then the machine will vibrate but not move. Is that jerkiness common at the start enough to move the machine? Or are machines not supposed to work properly when you use a single light-cloth item such as a shirt.
I do have a video recording made today. But everytime I show them, they say it is normal. As this is my first machine, I don't have anything to compare to as to what is normal and what is not. All I know that if a machine leaves from its place, less or more, is not right.

I have setup my machine in kitchen so there is no chance of water reaching its legs and hence losing grip.
They should not move even if less load is there. I have an IFB, and if I put in, say one towel, it tries multiple times to balance the load "by doing a slow spin", at the end of the spin cycle it shows an error, and stops. So I usually put more than 4-5 garments.

Coming back to the moving: It should not at all. It has not been set properly on the stand, or you got an incorrect stand. I have placed an IFB dryer on top of my front loading, and they do not move. But yes the installation guy had not installed the machine correctly on the stand. The front body of the washing machine was flush against the stand, the border. That used to cause immense vibration and sounds, specially when the drain pump (which is at the bottom) used to run. Multiple engineers came. They requested for the bottom panel to change, one moron even suggested that the drain pump (under warrant) be changed. Then finally a new engineer came, and voila!, the sound vanished. What did he do: He pushed the machine back 1-1.5" on the stand. If this had been done correctly the first time--I would not have suffered ~3 months with follow ups to IFB.

Thank you @asingh @icysmoke @rdst_1 . After reading your experiences it seems like this has more to do with inexperienced technicians rather than company's fault. My has been setup in kitchen on marble tile. While the tiles may be flat it is not 100% smooth like the ones in bathroom. Infact when the machine was setup, it was not even levelled. It clearly rocked when pushed diagonally and I had to do the honors of levelling it since he refused to do it. I had to move the machine by some distance in kitchen itself as it was blocking the entry. It worked properly for a week and then the issues started. Atleast you had different engineers. My area, apparently has the same moron so all complaints go to him. I had to escalate my last complaint (3rd one within a month) to get hold of another person but even his response was not satisfactory. I had a gut feeling that this was due to incorrect levelling as I could not tighten or loosen the lock nut. Nor did I had the spirit level. But now when I see it from the side, the bubble is way off the mark.

Even this guy in the video mentions that having a loose lock-nut would lead to a wobbly machine, even if the video is 4-5 years old.

As this is my first machine, I treat the owner's manual as the bible and whatever instructions mentioned in it as truth. Because tomorrow he would claim that the videos I am watching(yeah, I am dumb.. I cannot understand the difference between lg india youtube channel and other channels), or whatever I am reading on net, all are false, but the info in manual can't be false. I am going to hard-press their engineer that if there is two-set assembly mentioned in manual to level the machine then the machine needs to be setup as per that. I would escalate it to highest level if they don't do as per manual, but I want' to ask one thing. As you guys are experienced, is there a possibility that the manual can be wrong, even though it clearly mentions my model number.

Also Guys, I needed another help with raising a complaint.
I would like to share with them evidence as to how the machine is not levelled correctly (images) and I have the recordings made yesterday how the machine rocks at start of spin cycle. Do they look at the evidence shared by the customer or they just skimp over? I can share the images on mail, no issues there. But how do I send them videos or share it on gdrive. I have three vids each around 650mb and my upload speed is close to 1mbps. It will take eternity to upload these videos on gdrive.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
. But whn I try to level the machine, I can only move the level screw and not the top- lock arrangement which is necessary to ensure the level nut stays in place. LG guys are so adamant that they don't bother looking or listening to what I have to say. They say yeh aishi hi hai (it's like this only). I mean what crap!! Either the guys are lying or the manual is garbage.
Do you have a similar arrangement?

Yes it is similar in almost every machine or appliance. Have you tried using a spanner to move the lock nut. That is what I had to use as it can be too tight sometimes.
Having said that, it is completely nuts that they would not install the machine properly for you. It is their duty to do that otherwise what are they doing during the installation as that is their only job as people usually already have a point for water supply and drain.

Anyone here have a Miele washing machine or used one?
Not worth it. I was trying to find every excuse to get one.Think about it costs north of 80k for a 7kg (last I checked), even if it lasts 10 to 12years without a single issue. By then there will be something better with lesser power/water consumption and quieter, even better wash quality with more connectivity. I am talking aboutthe cheaper lg/ whirlpool,bosch etc . You can get 3 machines for the price of one Miele.
The thing is if they do break down such as electronics, then cost and the time taken to fix it will be high. I 99% of the time I fix my own stuff, so I know how much those Miele spares cost.

@Tejas01

You have to level it yourself. Read in the below post, I guess you have but do it exactly like I did, so that the level stays the same even after years.

Last edited:
Not worth it. I was trying to find every excuse to get one.Think about it costs north of 80k for a 7kg (last I checked), even if it lasts 10 to 12years without a single issue. By then there will be something better with lesser power/water consumption and quieter, even better wash quality with more connectivity. I am talking aboutthe cheaper lg/ whirlpool,bosch etc . You can get 3 machines for the price of one Miele.
The thing is if they do break down such as electronics, then cost and the time taken to fix it will be high. I 99% of the time I fix my own stuff, so I know how much those Miele spares cost.
The trouble is I am not happy with the wash quality of the Bosch 6 series I have currently. Also it tore off one expensive designer garment last week - this was expensive stuff.

The one I was looking at was this one:

The street price is around 15% lower and they are throwing in a 5yr warranty for the machine at that price. Most reviews say things typically don't break. However the outlay is at least 2-2.5x the cost of a typical top end machine from LG or Siemens/Bosch.

@adder @rdst_1 I have no issues in levelling it myself. It's just that its a new machine(a month old) and while the image clearly shows it has a lock-nut arrangement, I don't want to break anything if LG has changed the lock-nut arrangement(looks can be deceiptive) and hence void warranty. So that was the reason I wanted the technicians to do the job. Thanks for the link. Will see to it if I can do it. Will surely need to do some acrobatic poses. Where is Ramdev?
Ok... So can anyone help me with what size of spanner should I go for to tighten that lock-nut? Also, more importantly, what is a spanner called in Hindi? Is it pana or pechkash? Totally noob in this aspect.

Another issue. Referring to the image, this is the position when my machine rests. As seen, there is barely any space to the left of machine to do the levelling. While it is recommended to level the machine in the place you want to keep it, I would surely have difficulty accessing the rear end of left side of machine. Right side, no issues there is space. How do you guys propose to proceed? The option I see is to move the machine to the right, level it and then move it back. Moving in front is not an option as my refrigerator stands in front of the machine, so limited space. Sounds good till no issues with level. Problem is with left side rear level, if it gives issues.

Also to tighten the lock-nut, I need to move it in anti-clockwise(counter-clockwise)direction, right?

Attachments

• no_space_comp.jpg
    no_space_comp.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
The trouble is I am not happy with the wash quality of the Bosch 6 series I have currently. Also it tore off one expensive designer garment last week - this was expensive stuff.

The one I was looking at was this one:

The street price is around 15% lower and they are throwing in a 5yr warranty for the machine at that price. Most reviews say things typically don't break. However the outlay is at least 2-2.5x the cost of a typical top end machine from LG or Siemens/Bosch.
Not the first time I have heard about Bosch wash quality in India.
If putting expensive designer cloths, I would put in gentle cycle and the spin to the lowest setting possible. Mixing them with regular clothes and it getting twisted and tangled with other clothes will most certainly damage them.

That miele is 4x more then the typically korean,us, german brands. Like dishwashers they want the machine to choose the detergent quantity and those miele pods/ detergent will be expensive, using regular detergent defeats the purpose on that machine.
Miele is know for its build quality and life. May not exactly have an advantage in wash quality, where the competition is really good from korean brands. Miele does have external bearings, but the service cost will be a lot which again defeats the purpose, unless you Diy.

Whirpool front load machines sold in india are also sold in EU, they have decent wash quality better then bosch, better fit and finish compared to indian, chinese, korean brands. Should last about 6 to 8 years before th bearings fail.

Lg fit and finish is not good but again has good wash quality and cheap spares, replaceble bearings.
@adder @rdst_1 I don't want to break anything if LG has changed the lock-nut arrangement(looks can be deceiptive) and hence void warranty.
Ok... So can anyone help me with what size of spanner should I go for to tighten that lock-nut? Also, more importantly, what is a spanner called in Hindi? Is it pana or pechkash? Totally noob in this aspect.

Another issue. Referring to the image, this is the position when my machine rests. As seen, there is barely any space to the left of machine to do the levelling. . Sounds good till no issues with level. Problem is with left side rear level, if it gives issues.

Also to tighten the lock-nut, I need to move it in anti-clockwise(counter-clockwise)direction, right?
Lg technician can do more damage then good, the idiots when they installed the machine kinked the drain hose. The only reason I called them was to register the warranty. They where more intrested in selling extended warranty.

So when I bought the Lg dishwasher, I didnt bother calling them and installed it myself. All you need is the Bill/invoice for warranty.

You will need 17 size spanner to tigten/loose the nut and the supplied spanner for the legs.
In your case because you need to measure the level of your tiles to see if its the same as the other tiles, since if you move the machine to the right and then adjust the legs, it may not exactly work when you reposition back to the wall.

Again the spirt level you have may not be long enough to measure a spane of 2 to 3 tiles(upon which the legs sit). Measuring just one tile isnt going to be much of help. This only applies to your case because you dont have access to the left side legs.

If the machine during spin cycle shakes in one corner up and down, then turn the leg of that corner such a way that it moves towards the floor, causing the machine to raise up in that corner. Start the spin cycle again with clothes( In Lg to start spin cycle press on/off and then press spin to select rpm and then start) once the legs are adjusted tighted the nut above the legs, such that it moves towards the machine firmly, securing your leveling.

Some people also use a stand which has adjustable legs, this way they have access underside of the machine and the clearance below can be use to adjust the legs, despite being next to wall.

Last edited:
I wanted to go for stand, but LG clearly mentions in their manual that placing the machine on a hard surface is recommended not on stands. So dropped the idea.
Also how much should be the drum capacity when checking for levelling? 100% load, 75%,50%or 25%?

Last edited:
Well you can put just 25% if you want to, but make sure the load is wet since thats the biggest contributor for weight. Yes most manufactures don't recommend stands logically because there is so many stands out there and some are wobbly some are sturdy, some are not leveled etc,

IDK why brands don't manufacture their own stands. Apart from Bosch, I haven't seen any brands make their own stands on Amazon. Also, accessories are pretty limited for India. Was looking for a LG laundry pedestal which increases height, less strain on back and also the lower part can be removed for cleaning or levelling as seen in the posted video. Perhaps, less profit margins.

Just curious, do you have LG machine?Apologies if already mentioned in previous posts. Just want to confirm if your LG machine has the lock-level nut arrangement that means all LG machines of recent origin would have similar setup.

Last edited:
Just curious, do you have LG machine?Apologies if already mentioned in previous posts. Just want to confirm if your LG machine has the lock-level nut arrangement that means all LG machines of recent origin would have similar setup.
Yes I do have a 8kg Lg washing machine the latest FHT series and yes all Lg have the same type.

So I tried to level the machine by trying to tighten the lock nut. Seems like both are stuck or move in tandem. I tried to move the level all the way down so that I can tighten the lock, no luck. Tried moving the level all the way up so that so that I can unscrew the lock nut. Stll no luck. They just seem to move together, clockwise or counter-clockwise.

Attachments

• lock-level arrangement_comp.jpg
    lock-level arrangement_comp.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 88
So I tried to level the machine by trying to tighten the lock nut. Seems like both are stuck or move in tandem. I tried to move the level all the way down so that I can tighten the lock, no luck. Tried moving the level all the way up so that so that I can unscrew the lock nut. Stll no luck. They just seem to move together, clockwise or counter-clockwise.
You need the supplied spanner and a 17 size spanner or two 17 size spanner, hold the bottom one and loosen the top one. Once you adjusted it to your desired level ,the Top nut should then be away from the bottom nut ( not touching each other like in the picture). in other words it should touch the body of machine and tighten it.

Back