Need some advise - LAPTOP & Digicam

jumbo5

Adept
Please suggest the brandnames,websites,price and configurations.

LAPTOP -

*Average configurations,nothing HI-FI.required only for college work.*

Requirements-

A.Good PIXEL quality
B.4-5hrs of video recording
C.8-10hrs of battery life.
D.150-250 jpeg image storage.

Please provide any link for WEBSITES whereby theres a comparision wrt price and quality.

Regards.

Dude first post ur budget for each.. And ur expectations of battery life are too much if u want rechargeable batteries. Separate batteries are a different thing and u can run as much as u want by replacing the batteries. Video recording depends on the size of the memory card.

hunt3r said:
Dude first post ur budget for each.. And ur expectations of battery life are too much if u want rechargeable batteries. Separate batteries are a different thing and u can run as much as u want by replacing the batteries. Video recording depends on the size of the memory card.

Thanx for ur reply...my budget for LAPTOP is rs.20,000/
Digicam- rs.25,000/-

What is the minimum in-built battery life?

Secondly,i also wanted to know if there r 4gb USB drives available with details of company and price.

Thank u all for ur replies,repped u all...although i'm not eligible as of now:ashamed:

your budget for the laptop is too less
if you can spend 10K less on ur digicam and use that money plus the 20K for your laptop you can get a mid ranged acer laptop

suhayl said:
your budget for the laptop is too less
if you can spend 10K less on ur digicam and use that money plus the 20K for your laptop you can get a mid ranged acer laptop

i dont require a hi-fi laptop.Only for college purpose.
What price should i expect-max?

got this from other forum-----actually this is wat i want in my DIGICAM -
Now a days Digicams comes with a good video specifications. Some even offers 30fps at high resolution. Expert says one can not compare this video quality with the handycam video, but I find it very good.
In short, video quality good, still quality best.
Both, stills and video can be stored using memory card only.
You can reuse the memory card after transferring the data to PC or some other device.

You get readymade MPEG / QuickTime/AVI video files. No need of conversion. Converting the to VCD/DVD is optional.

Go for canon A610 digicam. Cost about 19-20K from canon India nad about 15K from jjmehta. This camera has many manual settings and also the video capabilities of this camera are great :

640 x 480 pixels (30 frames/sec., 15 frames/sec.)
320 x 240 pixels (30 frames/sec., 15 frames/sec.)
Recording can continue until the memory card is full* (can record up to a maximum of 1 GB at one time).
Fast Frame Rate: (can record for 1 min.)
320 x 240 pixels (60 frames/sec.)
Compact: (can record for 3 min.)
160 x 120 pixels (15 frames/sec.)
* Using super high-speed memory cards

A610 detailed review http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/a610.html

Back