Need Some Help. Sify Users and others too.

Avtar

Adept
Right guys I just got a new Sify Broadband connection and it's pretty good, yay. :p My MSN, AIM, Yahoo, everything is connecting, I'm able to connect to FTP and all also but I am unable to connect to any file sharing network like Ares, Limewire and all.

What do you suggest I do?

well....go to their office and unblock them yourself.:p

The only way i know is through HTTP tunneling....but in my case, most of the tunneling s/w does not work either or it gives very very very slow speeds....1-2Kbps.

Try searching for other alternatives.

lol....apparently sify hates p2p and would never open any ports for you. forget it, i've been calling them everyday for 2 months now...BT works....mind you limwire works and kazaa works (tho its useless, all files are corrupt) aswell...but emule wont...will give u low id.
if u call them and ask them to open a port, make sure u get a complaint number,..that number is very important,...

^^@avtar..which open port hav u found....?? and how have u confirmed it. always check through sheilds up from www.grc.com , very reliable.

dude best thing will be to use tunnel as they r saying or call up Sify customer care and get tthem to open the blocked ports....

Sify blocks ports at the CTO level, that is, if any ports are blocked for you, they will be blocked by your local sify service provider. Torrents are blocked for me :(

Yes, but if u call sify, they will ask the CTO to open it.
Make sure to call ur local sify office, not the incompetent CTO (cos it is sify that will do the actual opening anyway)

Well, a friend of mine is on Sify and his Bearshare stopped working suddenly one day. We tried edonkey, bearshare and emule and they did not work. Shareaza however did work but couldnt connect to gnutella1 (connected to gnutella2 and edonkey though). He told me the day unlimited package (which is on a shared line) had that restriction and the Sify download limited or time limited package and one 10pm to 9am unlimited package have full p2p access.

Hmmm...
I had emule working for about a month now...
I even installed a new wifi router 3 days ago, and after opening the ports on that, emule still gave me a high id.
Now it is a low ID - even on a download based package.
Stinking farts!@!@!
Will fix this later. Am really busy with college work now.

Back