Monitors Need some information on these monitors

^^max upto the last given link.I would like to lean more towards a full HD monitor.technically lcd and led are not too much different.but still which one is good.

^^ Okay basically the budget is driven up till ~ 13000/-. I think Sir if you can hold out a little longer, the revised line-up for the Dell Ultrasharp series will be much better suited to tasks like -- HD gaming (720p / 180p), movie viewing from comfortable distance (from all angles), added advantage of better color reproduction (leading to ability to work on professional suites as well) all due to the superior IPS panel used on the Ultrasharp -- LCD Panel Technology Explained - S-IPS, H-IPS, S-PVA, MVA and TN.

If the need is instant and you need a monitor for gaming as well as movie watching strictly, then the Dell ST2220M is better ST2220M 54.6cm (21.5 inch) HD Monitor with LED | Dell India / get the Dell ST2220L DELL Dell - ST2220L 21.5-inch Wide Flat Panel Monitor with LED : Monitors: Flat Screen LCD Computer Displays | Dell Canada -- the L model comes with a HDMI out. Have seen these both in action and both perform pretty well, the ST2220L represents great value as after adding ~ 500/- to 750/-, you get a added HDMI port. Apart from HDMI both the monitors are the same panel essentially.

Also where do you plan to purchase the monitor from / do you plan to ship it somewhere?

QC, the Benq G2420HD is another alternative. In case you desire to connect a console/STB/media player to the display sometime later, this will be a worthwhile investment.

DELL ST2220L with various connection options- I & my friend bought same also various over TE here too, search for. But keep in mind that this model is discontinued but may be still with SMCInternational as I too bought from them.

ST 2220M is new & still in Production but less connectivity options compare to ST2220L :)

Thank you guys for the replies.Actually i would prefer a monitor for multipurpose use.like it should be easy for connecting consoles to it maybe sometimes connecting tv also.

Btw i am still confused some of you here have suggested 21.5' and 22inches also.But one of my friend has mentioned that to enjoy full HD at 1080p a 24inch is the best.

I want to know how an inch can make a difference or how different inches supports same resolution.
Gannu said:
QC, the Benq G2420HD is another alternative. In case you desire to connect a console/STB/media player to the display sometime later, this will be a worthwhile investment.

seems interesting is it really good.

^^ Inches matter if you are going to put it on a VESA mount and stick it to the wall, else if primary usage is gaming (PC games) it is fine if you go for baseline 21.5" monitor.

The scree resolution is directly affected by the pixel orientation of a panel and their ratio. So accordingly a 21" -- 27" monitor generally has the ratio tagged @16:10 other monitor sizes have varying ratios like -- 16:9 (basic widescreen), 4:3 (standard CRT) and so on.

quan chi said:
seems interesting is it really good.

I've seen a lot of recommendations for this display on the forums. Never seen it in person though. Makes sense to go with a display that offers multiple connectivity options at this price. A TN panel is pretty good for gaming without any ghosting or severe bleeding issues more common with IPS displays.

@Quan Chi

BenQ G2420HD is a great monitor which is selling for 11.4k...but if you can spend a little bit more say 1k then i would advice you to buy BenQ E2420HD which is a successor of BenQ G2420HD and comes with 11 ports including two HDMI ports...

^^ If you would go with either of them you would be making a good choice... P2350 produces slightly better color than G2420HD but I've heard that P2350 has bleeding issue... It would be great if people who own this monitor would comment on this...

Hades. said:
@Quan Chi

BenQ G2420HD is a great monitor which is selling for 11.4k...but if you can spend a little bit more say 1k then i would advice you to buy BenQ E2420HD which is a successor of BenQ G2420HD and comes with 11 ports including two HDMI ports...

alright these two seems good enough.
Another one hows is this one Dell S2409W

Btw dell ultrasharp series prices are a bit on the higher side.whats the major differences between them.:D

Back