Monitors Need some information on these monitors

^^ Ultrasharp series is a great line-up of IPS panels so quality is better than the standard TN based options we were discussing till now.

Here is how IPS dominates TN -- LCD Panel Technology Explained - S-IPS, H-IPS, S-PVA, MVA and TN / IPS panel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The advantages are better color, better viewing angles -- the Dell U2311H ~ 14000/- <free shipping> from SMC International all over India -- Dell UltraSharp U2311H FREE SHIPPING

It is speculated that the line-up will be refreshed soon so please wait 1~2 months before immediate purchase. Let other users shed more light on this issue. Hope this helped.

Meg@M!nd said:
^^But the ones avail commonly are 1080P which is 16:9...
nope there are 16:10 models also.
as for the led monitors.I am not sure but i too have read at many places that they are not that good.Again i may be wrong.let someone else comment.

quan chi said:
nope there are 16:10 models also.

as for the led monitors.I am not sure but i too have read at many places that they are not that good.some even complained about lower life.Again i may be wrong.let someone else comment.

I think the 16:10 has reached EOL.. I thought LED are better... Can u post links where u read it? It wil b useful as i'm hunting for a monitor too..

Hades. said:
@Quan Chi

BenQ G2420HD is a great monitor which is selling for 11.4k...but if you can spend a little bit more say 1k then i would advice you to buy BenQ E2420HD which is a successor of BenQ G2420HD and comes with 11 ports including two HDMI ports...

Any difference performance wise between these two? Cuz I am planning to buy G2420HD.

quan chi said:
as for the led monitors.I am not sure but i too have read at many places that they are not that good.Again i may be wrong.let someone else comment.

Okay there are no LED monitors only LED back-lit monitors, the LED back-light is a more power efficient and a more even lighting device than the earlier Cold Cathode Florescent Lamp back-light which had issues illuminating corners of the screen. The advantages of LED are the lights can be placed on the edge of the screen and the screen gets very equally illuminated, power consumption is kept in check.

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/lcd-panel-types.php

Meg@M!nd said:
Yes, everyone is saying that LED(which are avail for 10-15k) uses White LED backlight which not upto the mark of the CCFL LCD monitors...

I can tell a HUGE difference. have a Dell IN2010N 20" TN LCD panel and a 15.6" Dell Studio with LED 1080p display and the difference is just amazing! like the whites are PURE white on LED, compare to the yellowish tints a TN/LCD give and its far far brighter and sharper IMO.

The overall usage base has become stilted towards the LED back-lit monitor, the whites are actually better than a CCFL back-lit LCD, but image quality and color accuracy is still largely dependent on LCD matrix and type. An IPS panel will always trump a TN based panel.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/lcd-monitor-buyers-guide-spring2010_3.html#sect0 / http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monitors/display/lcd-monitor-buyers-guide-spring2010_4.html#sect0

aercy said:
Any difference performance wise between these two? Cuz I am planning to buy G2420HD.

Okay simply put all the BenQ G****HD panels have a standard CCFL back-light and have no HDMI connectors, while the E****HD panels have a LED back-light + a more upgraded suite of connectors (HDMI, Display Port).

Hope this helps.

ALPHA17 said:
Okay simply put all the BenQ G****HD panels have a standard CCFL back-light and have no HDMI connectors, while the E****HD panels have a LED back-light + a more upgraded suite of connectors (HDMI, Display Port).

G2420HD has HDMI buddy...

Meg@M!nd said:
G2420HD has HDMI buddy...

My mistake but the G2220HD (21.5" full HD monitor) doesn't carry one, so I generalized, the E****HD series has HDMI on all models + more connectivity options.

ALPHA17 said:
My mistake but the G2220HD (21.5" full HD monitor) doesn't carry one, so I generalized, the E****HD series has HDMI on all models + more connectivity options.

But E2420HD costs 14k which is the price of Dell Ultra sharp... So which would be better, quality wise?

^^ The Dell U2311H is at the same price point offering a better performance when viewed from the perspective of view angle, color representation (e-IPS panel).

Otherwise for strictly no other job but multiple changes of set-up from console--to--PC--to--console, for whatever hair brained reason the BenQ G***HD / E***HD offer a better gamut of connectors.

So choice is yours image output vs. connectivity options. / IPS panel vs. TN panel. Hope this clarifies the situation.

Alright guys now i have narrowed down my choice.It is a bit difficult to choose which one to go for.
But from the reviews it seems the colour reproduction and sharpness wise dell leads.
But unfortunately different dell products have different ratings.

The only dell product getting balanced reviews was S2409W.But this product is rare nowadays.

the dell ST2410 dosent have an HDMI connection and the ST2420L sufferes from brightness problem.

BenQ e2420 seems interesting but some says it is not that good.

Now i am really confused which one to go for.(no for the U2311H).

I'd still reckon the G2420HD as the VFM king in the 24" 16:9 segment. Had recently assembled a Sandy Bridge based system for a colleague and got hold of this display. Very impressed with the inputs. Do check that out.

Gannu said:
I'd still reckon the G2420HD as the VFM king in the 24" 16:9 segment. Had recently assembled a Sandy Bridge based system for a colleague and got hold of this display. Very impressed with the inputs. Do check that out.

no doubt about your first satement.i already went through some reviews.But the problem is different people say different things.some say it have a slight backlight bleeding.:(.some say it is very light in weight.some say the sharpness is not that good.etc etc.

I have also gone through that TE review about this by a member.

kindly suggest.

^Dude, I personally use a Dell Ultrasharp 2407 (SPVA panel) and a 40 incher Samsung LCD (another SPVA panel) at home and a Dell Ultrasharp 2007FP (IPS panel) at work. I can gladly say the Benq display that has a TN panel performs exceedingly well in gaming and movies. :)

I had assembled the system for my colleague and although the display came a couple of days later, I had been to his place to see the system in person. He isn't much of a gamer and uses his system for CAD work (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Catia etc).

As far as gaming goes, he has installed

NFS Most Wanted. :p Honestly the game is too old to be judged on any grounds but it worked just fine.

Only an FPS game can tell us the story behind the ghosting part but since this is a TN panel, ghosting should be minimal among other panels (SPVA, IPS etc).

Back