Budget 10-15K Need some review about Poco brand

I am thinking of getting a Poco M2 pro. I have very little idea about this brand so I was hoping you guys can share some thoughts.
1. How long does Poco provide support for their devices when it comes to Android ROM updates(eg. A10, A11)?
2. How regular are they when it comes to security updates?
3. How is the after support after their end-of-service period?

Finally, given its a Chinese brand and the security concerns would you guys still suggest to get it? If I debloat this device with those additional Mi-based apps will my phone be secure. Would it cause any issues when future updates are released?
How is the ad scene? From all the reviews seen on net, I haven't seen anyone using a launcher other than poco. Can't we use any other launcher apart from Poco?
Does using another launcher re-enables the ads?

@vivek.krishnan owns Poco F1 so he will be able to update om Poco updates or any service related stuff.
Have seen ads been deployed heavily but few updates later after user complaints the ads were back to minimalist. Again this can be ticked by selecting a different region.

Device either chinese, japanese or from another planet, I personally dont care as long as the hardware is good and custom roms are available which actually make 100% good utilization of the hardware than the stock roms. I'm not suggesting rooting here as many people confuse root with flashing roms, both are different depts.

Launchers etc. all are simply apps you are free to use any launchers.

I will be giving custom rom a shot when device support ends or if their software is too buggy. Already A11 (Lineage OS) is available for this device so that is why I wanted to know what is the support period to extract the maximum from the device.

Poco M2 Pro is basically same phone as Redmi Note 9 Pro and Pro Max. Recently development has picked up for this family of phones. Multiple ROMs are available on XDA which can be flashed across all 3 devices IIRC. I just sold off my Pro Max before I could give them a go. A debloated MIUI is a beauty to run and this phone will give you tremendous battery life.

An update.. finally went for Poco X3. And pretty much satisfied with it.
Miui has really improved since their Redmi1S days. It is very smooth and fluid, well optimised.
How is battery life at 120hz? does it provide any haptic feedback or just buzzing vibration motor?

Asking as planning to buy one. TY

Battery takes somewhat of a hit but not too much. Since the UI is already smooth, I have disabled it.
It depends on your use case, if you are using it for continuous scrolling then battery will deplete fast, similar to when you game. You will still get around 8-9hrs Sot which is good.
Haptic feedback is much better than what is offered in the competition. But not quite there because my benchmark is Nokia 7+. It hadd THE most amazing feedback.

Back