Need Split AC for 30k

anirudh

Adept
Hi guys,

I already got Voltas AC and its working fine for 8 years now.

I need a new one with shud have all the filtering options ?

I want to know whether these anti-bacteria filter and deodourizing filter works in reality or its just for marketing ?

plz help.

i dont really know much bout the filtering bit.. but as far as ur budget is concerned i think the best bet for u would be lg.. their ac's r value for money & my experience wit them has been favourable..

anyways y buy an ac now that summers r almost over.. y not wait for next yr (mar-apr) an then buy it.. cause that way ur ac's new for the next season an ul get free service for the year after that..

anirudh said:
I need a new one with shud have all the filtering options ?

I want to know whether these anti-bacteria filter and deodourizing filter works in reality or its just for marketing ?

The deodering and the anti-baterial etc really work - but not in the basic models. These really cost substantially higher, and will start from 32/33k goping all the way up to 40+ for a 1 ton unit. The Toshiba Daisekai model is the king of all when it comes to Air purifying. They are the mercs if not RR of the AC world.

Buy the Electrolux EA18SCRXW3/WH 1.5 Ton AC for 21k-23k :)

I'm using it since 1yr & it rox :D

has a 3 in 1 Filter too:

Deodourising Filter

Anti Fungus or Bacteria Filter

Electrostatic Filter

They will work in the imported brands, there is a heavy emphasis on clean fresh air there now,

Daikin, Toshiba, Toshiba Daisekai (my fav), Hitachi, Mitsubishi, and of late even Panasonic, even the high end Samsungs and LGs have it,

For Samsung (silver Nano), these features start only from the 1.5 ton range onwards, the general catalogue is the same giving the impression that the whole range has all the features but a small asterix marked on the 1 ton, so be careful of that. The Wisden range in LG is good, but same price as Daikin, Toshiba etc.

They are all almost the same price , except the Daisekai, which is about 15% more, but its got air purification and filtration capability, no one else has.

be prepared for an installed cost of around 40k for these high end machines. (in Mumbai)

Toshiba is sold by Carrier -

Oh yes, I missed out O general, very good, but again pricey and snooty sales people more interested in "projects". When getting O general, make sure its the imported models, not the ones manufactured in India.

Not familiar with electrolux, like their refrigerators though, the only ones who have 4 shelves (other then Siemens) everyone else has 3.

bottom line, if you want enhanced Air filtration, ~40k installed.

Got the Voltas 2T for arnd 32K. It cools the 250 sq.ft. room pretty effectively.

Find out yer room size and calculate the tonnage required then check the models/prices/features online and decide.

Udit said:
Buy the Electrolux EA18SCRXW3/WH 1.5 Ton AC for 21k-23k :)

I'm using it since 1yr & it rox :D

has a 3 in 1 Filter too:
Deodourising Filter
Anti Fungus or Bacteria Filter
Electrostatic Filter

second that, Electrolux airons are really very very good! stay away from L.G ones, he LG one in my room went kaput few days back having a hard time getting someone to come have a look at it :mad:

I have been using National panasonic in my room since quite sum time and its really awesome,fantastic cooling!!

Someone above said to stay away frm LG,totally agree with him,LG Sux i hav 2 Lg at my place one is a 2ton in a normal room but still cant cool properly,and 1 in de small living room 1.5ton even tht sux,Mitsubishi is vry gud but then its vry expensive out of ur budget!!

Samsung is decent!!dunno bout electrolux etc etc!!

Its been a while since I examined the details of this, so do not remember the exact model numbers - but in the area of Air filtration and purification, it was Toshiba at 1 n 2. I got myself a Toshiba Daisekai.

I hear several suggestions for various tonnages, What size is your room? Just to let you know a modern 1 ton unit cools somewhere between ~175-200 sq ft. You will normally get recommendations of 1.5 - 2 tons for that size.

The important things to observe are air throw range and capacity to circulate air, many of them cant be felt beyond 8-10' MAX - the good ones have a throw of ~20' (at silent/medium setting) which then manages to move air over a very large space, effectively cooling the room.

I also remember now, the Daikin had the same problem as the Samsungs - the 1 ton unit was very basic, with none of the advanced filtration systems. Things may have changed since though.

1 ton = 12000 BTU most of these expensive units are 1.15-1.25 tons, but specified as 1 ton.

Are you a 24 x 7 x 365 user, then there are other units to be had if power saving is something you are interested, but those are ONLY IF you are a 24 x 7 user, else do not even bother with them, their high cost does not get justified in usage less then that.

@anirudh

I have both Hitachi ( 1.5 ton Split) and Voltas( 1 ton Window). Both works fine without any trouble but when it comes to cooling capacity the Hitachi rocks.
I'm using it for one year and it never gave any trouble, uniform and fast cooling across the room. The best thing about Hitachi is the EER. I run my AC for about 10 hours daily and my electricity bill has exceed by just Rs. 1100 /= after buying the AC.
Daikin is of course the best but very expensive, otherwise I think hitachi is your best bet.

anirudh said:
My Room Size 15ft x 15ft

I use AC for 6-7 months(Apr-Oct)

16-20 hrs daily.

wow you have a Huge Room :hap2: gigantic by mumbai standards - Where are you located? and is it a top floor room or there are floors above it?

Were you using any AC before this? if yes, which and what capacity and what was your experience with cooling?

anirudh said:
Yes, it is a top floor room

I am located in Guwahati

I am using Voltas AC 1.5 Ton 8yrs old model and good cooling.

What is the Ambient there in summer ? I thought Guwahati was was very pleasant

if you leave it on 16-20 hrs a day might as well leave it on 24hrs, and you could get away with a 1 ton unit, but if its an on off scenario then 1.25 - 1.5 ( most energy is wasted in cooling up the warm air which was let in during the 4 hrs break)

Back