CPU/Mobo Need suggestion for a b660 motherboard

i have a 12400 and i use MSI PRO b600m-a wifi DDR4. Works really well. whatever mobo you decide make sure it has good VRM heatsink thats very important.

I definitely would go what that board if I had the budget for it. I'm currently considering the ASROCK B660 PRO RS any experience with AsRock?
Well, do check out the motherboard tier list for B660 models, what i understood is that other models run quite hot. MSI pro is probably the best "value" deal. If you want you can check out non wifi models also. I bought for 14000 in Jan 2023 i believe its a small difference over 12000.

Also if you want to take B610, its probably not the best option but it is a workable option too if you want to save some money. Depends all on your requirement.
as a thumb rule avoid mobos that do not have VRM heatsink.

Well, do check out the motherboard tier list for B660 models, what i understood is that other models run quite hot. MSI pro is probably the best "value" deal. If you want you can check out non wifi models also. I bought for 14000 in Jan 2023 i believe its a small difference over 12000.

Also if you want to take B610, its probably not the best option but it is a workable option too if you want to save some money. Depends all on your requirement.
as a thumb rule avoid mobos that do not have VRM heatsink.
Thank you so much for the suggestion.
I think you're right spending a bit extra for a better board is worth it.
Watched Buildzoid's video and HardwareUnboxed's video, MSI B660M Pro-A seems to be the best value + best performer. Will definitely get it.

Last edited:
My requirement was with Bluetooth/WiFi and this was in budget, hence went for same.
yea if it fits your requirements then it's a good choice. and Asus TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS is 100% a good board. I wasn't trying to downplay your choice, I'm sorry if it came out as that.

well, my msi pro b660m-a wifi ddr4 has both wifi and bluetooh i got it for 14k new. but i guess ASUS one will have better sound system and better thermals.

well, my msi pro b660m-a wifi ddr4 has both wifi and bluetooh i got it for 14k new. but i guess ASUS one will have better sound system and better thermals.
I'm not sure about the audio chipset, but in terms of thermal, they perform similarly. but the MSI board manages to score a higher r23 score.
but since the Asus TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS is priced at 19k I don't think it should be compared to the MSI b660M Pro-A instead it should be compared to MSI MAG B660 TOMAHAWK.

MSI B660m-A.png
Asus TUF b660.png

Back