CPU/Mobo Need Suggestion For CPU+MOBO Budget -10K

SudipBasu

Disciple
My Budget is around 10K . Mainly used for Net surfing, office work and very low end gaming. Its better if MOBO has the inbuild gfx.

Should I go for AMD Phenom 2 or Core 2 Duo? I notice Phenom 2 have lower L2 catche than C2D. Is that really matter? I know its matter, but still....:ashamed: Just checking the IT-Wares shop.

Re: Need Suggestion For CPU+MOBO Budg-10K

Athlon II X3 435 @ 3.3k

MSI 880GM-E45 @ 4.4k

In built GFX, lowest price. Save the bucks, since you're only gonna surf and office work.

Intel core i3 - 2100 ~5500

Intel DH67BL ~5100

i3 has inbuild gfx which can handle hd videos and low end gaming.

if u can wait then there is another option of sandy bridge pentium dual core.

what r the specs your current rig?

^^ His configuration is in his signature, bruv I think your system is quiet capable of handling office work and net surfing + low end gaming for that, just add a AMD HD 6670 ~ 6000/- (not sure on this price) + FSP Saga II 400W ~ 1900/- and you'll be good to go.

If you want a brand new system either way go for --

AMD Athlon IIx3 440 ~3500/-

Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H ~ 4400/- (a better buy would be the GA-880GMA ~ 4800/-, this board comes with SATA III, USB 3.0 + HD 4250 IGP chip)

Corsair ValueRAM 1333 MHz CL-9 4GBx 1 ~ 1900/- OR XMS 3 1600 MHz CL-8 4GBx 1 ~ 2500/-

FSP Saga II 400W ~ 1900/-

Hope this helps. A comparison between AMD Athlon IIx3 vs. Core i3 2100 -- AnandTech - Bench - CPU.

A Core i3 2100 based system keep the RAM and SMPS same and get this --

Core i3 2100 ~ 5500/-

MSi H67MA-E35 ~ 4900/-

RAM -- same as above.

SMPS -- same as above.

comp@ddict said:
The CPU performance won't matter much to OP for his use. I think the best budget deal, which in this case is the Athlon II, should be his ideal purchase.
For value I agree, but for throttling more power out of the chip I say OP must go with the Sandy-Bridge, the AMD K 10.5 architecture is archaic in a run-up against Intels current line-up so in the end the ball is now in OP's court.

The CPU performance won't matter much to OP for his use. I think the best budget deal, which in this case is the Athlon II, should be his ideal purchase.

How long are you going to use this PC? If you're gonna stick with this combo for a while then I would suggest the i3 combo.

If you can wait a little while, you can look into the new AMD Llano processors as well.

Thanx for replying, What is on my sig is my home PC. I dont want to upgrade that, because I used it as HTPC. Its regarding my other PC which used only for office purpose and some time my mother take possession of that PC and play some basic hidden object type game. The old one is very old P4 machine and the motherboard giving me trouble recently. that's why i want to change it.

Core i3 is not a very good Idea cause its combined cost is more than 10K. AMD is only option for me. So should I go for Athlon II or Phenom II? Which is superior? Please help me to solve this puzzle.

^^ Athlon II for your tasks is excellent and VFM too. So I say go ahead with the Athlon II purchase.

Ok then I must go for Athlon II then.

But just for knowledge, Is Athlon II superior than Phenom II. Please dont mind if this question is lookalike very silly to you. Actually I am not a very tech-savvy guy, so dont have very clear idea of this ever changing world.

If you want to look at the Athlon II vs Phenom II debate heres a link for a good comparison . If it is only basic office/home computing/low end gaming stuff both wudnt make much of a difference performance wise, what would make a difference is the price :). nyways have a close look at the link and decide for yourselves.

check out the amd e350 based motherboards with hd6310 inbuilt graphics.usb 3.0.esata.hdmi.gigabit lan.upto 8 gigs ddr3 ram.price about 7 k.i am surprised more people don't recommend such systems on this forum.it will give you a windows experience index of about 4.

Back