Budget 0-20k Need suggestion for Desktop speakers for games

CalcuttaSada

Disciple
I was using Bose Companion 20 speakers but the right one is busted now and buzzes in high bass areas. Cant ignore or power through anymore.

I need suggestion for good speaker set that can give me good range of frequencies so i can hear everything in AAA games as well as good thumping bass.

I was told to consider some good studio monitors with a sub woofer.

I would not like to spend more than 10-15k range for the set but can go upto 20k if worth it. Bose companion 20 costs 20k for new.

Kindly suggest something that you might have used ?
I saw the Edifier R1280db and Mackie CR3 XBT speakers but not sure which one. or any other you can suggest. 2 speakers + Sub woofer. or suggest if you think subwoofer is not needed.

How do the main stream 2.1 speakers such as Logitech Z623 or any such from JBL or other companies fare against bookshelf speaker/monitors + sub woofer combo ?

P.s. no need wireless or bluetooth n all that stuff, just something nice and value for money.

Mackie are overall best for its value. I don't know about games but it has proper flat sound. I am not an audiophile but just something I liked.

PS: I hope you are not playing multiple shooters on speakers. No Speakers can give proper directional sound better than headphones.

Edifier 1280DB. Been using them for a few years. Really love them. These little bookshelf speakers get loud, the sound is not muddled and overall it's a solid choice for something that will last you for years.

Edifier 1280DB. Been using them for a few years. Really love them. These little bookshelf speakers get loud, the sound is not muddled and overall it's a solid choice for something that will last you for years.
How’s the bass? Is it thumping loud ?
What about it’s bass ?

Last edited:
  1. Option Without sub for clarity(your use case): Edifier R1855DB
  2.  Option With SUB for bass: Logitech z625/z623

Source: I have both.

1. Option Without sub for clarity(your use case): Edifier R1855DB
  2.  Option With SUB for bass: Logitech z625/z623

Source: I have both.
Adding to this, R1855DBS allows external sub connection. But better use it without one and see before investing in sub.

R1855DB is older variant, DBS supports BT 5.0.

Another option from Edifier:

Edifier ED-R1700BTs

Having said that, the price for the 1700BT has increased a lot in the last 3 years. I bought it in 2019 and the price back then was 11k. I would suggest you go either with the Edifier 1280 or the Logitech Z623 as suggested by other forum members above.

P.S. I can't seem to find the Z623 in stock on Amazon :( The Logitech Z906 is available and in stock.

Last edited:
Sorry my bad. Got confused between two models

1280DB
1850DB
These two are bt4

1280DBS
1855DB
These are BT5.
S350DB is another great product and this one comes with a sub.

Get Logitech Z906. That sub will reorganise your internal organs with its bass.
lol i saw it but far too many speakers. i need max 2.1 channel.
i was seeing R1280db and logitech z623/625

any comments which has better bass and sound between them ? How about Mackie Cr3x or cr4x ?

The Mackies are monitors more targeted towards accurate sound reproduction. You are better off with the Edi's and the Logi's.

so a separate sub woofer would be needed or the bass of edifier 1280 is enough ? i dont need it for a large room, just for self consumption over a desktop pc.

Back