Monitors Need suggestion for LCD Monitors

starchazer

Disciple
Hi all,

I'm planning to get two 22" monitors for my 2 machines.

One is obviously DELL E228WFP. Finalised.

For the 2nd one, i don't want to go for dell simply because i don't want two same monitors on my desks as its not gonna be used as dual monitor.

Now as far as i've observed, people prefers Viewsonic as an alternative to DELL. But i want to know, why not ACER or any other brand?

I was reading about Acer AL2216WBD and it has got pretty good ratings all over including CNET. In fact better than Viewsonic. And also got a user choice award on Newegg.

So i want to know, why people prefer Viewsonic over Acer or any other brand?

Has it got something to do with their after sales service ? or is it the addons (i.e: webcam, inbuilt speakers, etc) which makes Viewsonic VFM and keeps ya'll away from other brands?

I'd need the monitor for graphic and gaming purposes (have quad machines equipped with 8800gt's). So i want you guys to help me decide a good second monitor which should be as good as, if not more than, the DELL one within the same price range.

Looking forward to some response

Thanks

One of the reasons for Viewsonic's popularity is its wide scale availability...i c tht u r from mumbai too, so if u go to any shop in lamington, u may have to look around or wait for any other brands and the specific models, but viewsonic is readily available everywhere...almost all their models are available..and many ppl dont like to wait..so they get whatever is readily available..which is not to say tht viewsonic monitors are a bad product..infact i bought a Viewsonic VG1930wm for myself few days back...and am pretty satisfied with the performance..no ghosting or bleeding problems..

But yeah, dell is definitely better..i think they'll be able to reach many more customers if they make their products available thru shops rather than only relying on their online selling and teleshopping..the wait is too long and tht is what turns many ppl off..same is the reason why i didnt go for the dell E198wfp since the wait of over one month was getting on my nerves..:no:

But incase u r already getting a monitor from dell,i dont see anything wrong in getting 2 E228wfp for ur 2 pcs..:p Btw, You can also check Viewsonic's VX2255wm..

^^I'm typing on one right now, and one of the online guys has is listed on their site. It's slightly more expensive, has a matt screen instead of the glossy ones on the VX, and has height, tilt and swivel adjustment in the base where the VX only has tilt.

^Err..even the viewsonic india site has not listed it in the VG series..btw, i have the 19" VG1930wm and its design is exactly same as your 22" VG2230 and the height adjustment in it is really useful..:)

try the ones on the dell india site ure gettin 22" for around 14k +taxes!!! value 4 money deal.. ive got 1 already the 22" rox!!!!!

But guys, i want to know what are the other brands/models you'd prefer besides Dell/Viewsonic within the same price range.

I know Dell rocks thats why i've finalised one, but like i said i don't want two same monitors on my desks, so please help me find a good one.

I could go for Viewsonic, but i need to know why? If anyone can explain. Because Acer (and as someone said here) LG have monitors in the same price range and are equally good, so why don't anyone go with those?

I don't think availablity is the factor, because Acer and LG are also readily available.

So please share your thoughts. :)

And thanks for the inputs so far.

Last Saturday Went to Neotech Computers, One customer had ordered a LG 22" LCD monitor which was having some problem from the day he bought it which was just 2 days back. And as a reason the customer dropped the monitor at the shop, and took something else in return.
The shop keeper called up LG service center for the problem, and they sent over a engineer after 2 hours he said that the Main board needs to be changed and its not in stock & will take 15 days.

So i guess thats y i stay away from brands like LG, ACER, BENQ the product might be great but after sales service sucks big time. Not only on monitors but any other product or service after sales service suck big time in india.

Thats the first reason i'll stay away from these brands..............

I Don't know much but if other users can tell their own experiences with after sales service would be great....

^^^ well buddy the reason y everybody goes for dell is that they are good and the best vfm.. and i seriously dont understand y u would want to compromise on tat quality aspect by going in for acer( or any other brand)..

also dell offers 5 years warranty.. which is onsite and next business day.. this is a big big plus..

Does this answer your question y people dont go acer/lg/any other brand these days in 19 & 22" lcds..??

so i again repeat y wud u want an inferior product wit lessor warranty @ ta same price.. when u can get better/equivalent product+ best 5 year onsite warranty.

starchazer said:
But guys, i want to know what are the other brands/models you'd prefer besides Dell/Viewsonic within the same price range.

I know Dell rocks thats why i've finalised one, but like i said i don't want two same monitors on my desks, so please help me find a good one.

I could go for Viewsonic, but i need to know why? If anyone can explain. Because Acer (and as someone said here) LG have monitors in the same price range and are equally good, so why don't anyone go with those?

I don't think availablity is the factor, because Acer and LG are also readily available.

So please share your thoughts. :)

And thanks for the inputs so far.

if you dont want .2 same monitors on u r desk ..why dont u get some other DELL model ??..

i think u shouldnt compromise on quality just for the sake of having to different monitors..:no:

get some other DELL model ..or somethin equlivalent.

Yes true indeed.

I don't want to compromise on after sales service no matter if the other monitors are equivalent or even bit superior to dell.

I guess i'll try to add 4k extra to get the SP2208WFP :p

Thanks to all of you, will show 'em off once i get them :)

i wudnt mind replacing my monitor with 2 22inch dell's even if they were the same model :D
can you give a reason for not wanting 2 same monitors?? :bleh:

Back