Audio Need Suggestion for MP3 player and good IEM

surenther.ss

Disciple
Guys,

Currently i am having JVC Marshmallow and Soundmagic PL30 with FIIO E6 amp. I love JVC sound compare to PL30. PL30 is worst in treble.

I have used Ipod Nano and Ipod Touch earlier with these IEM's. It's sounds good with JVC

Now i am planning to have one dedicated MP3 player (other than apple) with SD card support. After long search i have finalized COWON C2. Is that good? or please suggest me one model with less than 8k and also suggest me a good IEM with medium bass and good treble sound budget less than 5k

Thanks

You can go for Sansa Clip+ 4GB-2.8k it's best within that range and it also has Micro SD slot so you can add additional memory to the player.The SQ is as good as it gets.You can also get 8GB player for 4.7k @esanthosh will give you more options.
For iem klipsch image s4i-4.5k OR Brainwavz M4-3.5k are good iem within your budget.
Hope this helps.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah! Sansa Clip+ will be a good option. It supports 32gb microSD card. I have no problems with the 32GB card and clip+. C2 is thrice the size of clip+. I suggest you may go for Brainwavz M2 if you need local warranty otherwise Fischer Audio Eterna Rev 1 is a very good option. Klipsch S4 is also good but not better than Eterna but you'll get 2years local warranty :) from Klipsch.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

I am searching for Sansa Clip + in ebay but i am not getting proper link. Can anybody post the link?

How about the treble sound quality in M2,M4 and S4,S41?

The two advantages Cowon has over the Clip+ are a bit more power, which can come in handy at times and better battery life. Cowon's famed for the BBE effects. But unless you are into EQ-ing, I would suggest that you stick with Clip+.

Can you explain how PL30 is worst in treble?

The two advantages Cowon has over the Clip+ are a bit more power, which can come in handy at times and better battery life. Cowon's famed for the BBE effects. But unless you are into EQ-ing, I would suggest that you stick with Clip+.

Can you explain how PL30 is worst in treble?

I cannot able to tell but PL30 is not behaving good in high frequencies compare to JVC

I also gone through some reviews regarding C2 all are good reviews. I will play around with EQ settings also. so i hope will go for cowon

On the subject of EQ -- If you know how to use a parametric EQ, Rockboxed Clip+'s EQ offers better control than Cowon's fixed 5-band hardware based equalizer. There are only 4 custom EQ settings possible with Cowon, but both iPod Touch (via eQu, possibly equalizer as well) and Rockboxed players like Sansas allow storage of unlimited settings. BBE is the only big difference in EQ between Cowon and others. Nanite N2 too has BBE, but it has a small display and does not even support tags.

On the subject of EQ -- If you know how to use a parametric EQ, Rockboxed Clip+'s EQ offers better control than Cowon's fixed 5-band hardware based equalizer. There are only 4 custom EQ settings possible with Cowon, but both iPod Touch (via eQu, possibly equalizer as well) and Rockboxed players like Sansas allow storage of unlimited settings. BBE is the only big difference in EQ between Cowon and others. Nanite N2 too has BBE, but it has a small display and does not even support tags.

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I never know about Rockbox firmware for clip+, I will review that also

Guys, i have ordered Sansa Clip Plus 8GB version from "Grabmore"

Planning to try Rockbox in that. Thanks Santhosh for providing that option.

Also planning to buy 32GB mircosd card. I hope class4 is enough for mp3 playback. Searching for some good deals

For IEM, i am planning to get later. i can live with Fiio E6 and Soundmagic PL30 for some days.

Thanks again for all your inputs

Back