PC Peripherals Need suggestion for PSU as per my config

luckyishere

Disciple
Hello guys,

I am looking forward to add another Graphic card to my rig and for that i will need a new PSU coz the old one will not be able to hold it. The old PSU is CM EP 600 (i know thats bad blah blah blah lol)..the reason for change is more load :p..My current config is

MD Phenom x4 965 (Oced to 3.9 Ghz stable 24x7)
MSI 790GX-G65
G.Skill 2x2GB (1600)
CM Hyper 212+
WD 1TB Sata + 500 GB Seagate Barracuda
MSI HD4870
2 Highflow 120MM Delta Fans
5 Amigo 120 MM LED Fans + Fan controller
1 CM 120 MM non-LED fan

I am soon planning to add another HD4870 to existing setup and a few more HDD's....I am ready to shell out some extra bucks for higher load capacity PSU keeping in mind i don't want to upgrade it anytime soon even if i add a few PCI cards and cathode tubes etc..

Please advice guys...budget is not set as of now coz i can extend it as per the requirement...however lower the price the better for me, (i would like to save few bucks for my card :)).. Modular PSU can be an added advantage..

P.S. You can consider me a complete noob when it comes to specs of the PSU like amperes of different rails etc..:S

However lower or higher your budget maybe, please specify a range within which you would be able to spend! Besides, how long will you be intending to keep the present setup? Asking this since the next upgrade may warrant a better power supply - you're better off investing in a PSU which can last you for a couple of future upgrades.

Eg. Corsair TX650/HX650/TX750 etc.

Hey,

Thanks for replying..My budget would be max 10-12 K and will plan to keep it atleast 1.5-2 years..I am open to all brands be it Corsair, OCZ, CM, TAGAN, FSP Etc

Now that's a budget! :p

You can safely vouch for any of these - Corsair TX650, TX750, HX650, TX850, HX850, Seasonic M12D850, Coolermaster RealPower Pro 650, 700, 750, 850, Coolermaster Silent Pro M600, 700, 850, Antec TPQ850 etc (isn't that quite a long list already?!) given that your requirements fit all these power supplies and they fall within your budget. Pl note that those Coolermaster supplies I've listed, aren't modular except the Real Power Pro M & the Silent Pro series.

Point is, if you invest in a PSU with a higher capacity now, you need not change it when you upgrade your system over a period of time. Besides given that budget, I wouldn't suggest Tagan and FSP since the ones I have recommended have a better OEM for the power supplies which essentially means better power supplies with better efficiencies, lower ripples and lesser bling or almost no bling!

Take your call!

Personally I'd pick up either the Corsair HX850 or the Seasonic M12D850 - you can't go wrong with either of these power supplies! :D

If you can buy it, go for Seasonic M12D850 period! You will do away with PSU upgrades for many years to come..

waise you dont need it, you can buy a Corsair HX750, it is a modular one..

Thanks for the replies guys..Any ideas on the pricing of seasonic and where can i buy it in NCR?

Also the pricing of HX850 and HX750?

Also what is the difference between VX, HX and TX series of corsair? I mean shouldn't i consider buying 950TX instead of buying 850HX coz they are almost similar priced?

luckyishere said:
Thanks for the replies guys..Any ideas on the pricing of seasonic and where can i buy it in NCR?

Also the pricing of HX850 and HX750?

Also what is the difference between VX, HX and TX series of corsair? I mean shouldn't i consider buying 950TX instead of buying 850HX coz they are almost similar priced?

Seasonic M12D-850 Modular Power Supply : 9.6k

Corsair CMPSU-750HX : 9k

Corsair CMPSU-850HX : 10.1k

All prices inclusive of VAT.

The difference between HX and TX is that HX is modular and have fan controllers.

The two PSUs, HX750 and 850 are IMO the best Corsair PSUs (Manufactured by CWT)

AFAIK HX is superior than TX

Sorry dont know the price for seasonic
and you can get the Corsair from SMC nehru place
Corsair 750HX Power Supply - 9110
Corsair 850HX Power Supply - 10200

and Mephistopheles i think you mixed up the prices

Back