Need suggestion regarding wifi routers

j_jindal1

Disciple
Hi,

I'm using MTNL triband at home and looking for a wireless router in the price range of 1k-2k. I have the MTNL ADSL modem so I just need the router. I read many related threads here and more I read more I got confused..
I want to use internet on 1st floor, while the MTNL connection is setup at ground floor. If possible please provide me with the ebay/theitwares/etc links too.

Thanks

i think NETGEAR N150 is sufficient, i bought it for 1450rs and setting up simple,they will provide a cd that will contain automatic setup guide.

I would avoid Belkin I have a high end Belkin router but need to restart it every other day other wise I start getting drop outs.

I have two wireless router Cisco Linksys and TP-Link. Both are N routers and performing well. But in my feeling TP-Link wireless coverage is slightly better than Linksys. I heard good review about Buffalo and its support custom WRT firmware.

^^ I bought a netgear N150 from ebay and it's working perfectly for me.... However at some times I have seen a signal strength issue (from 5 bars to 4 bars) but net speed remains good.. I got it for 1450 2.5 months back.

I think difference between N and G series is not speed rather range. But every G series router I found is 54Mbps. You can easily found N series router 120 or 150Mbps in 2k to 3k range. But remember to buy N series receiver too. Otherwise there is no use. Most people made mistake on the receiver part.

@ techno_guy

IMHO there is no point in buying a N150 router from any make, better to invest in N300 router as it will provide you better speed and range.As per IEEE there is no standard called N150 , this is just a G router with a new name. So don't fall for that. A normal N300 router cost you around 2-2.5k.

Go for any N router from belkin(N300 Surf), Netgear(JWNR2000),Linksys (E1000).

Back