Budget 41-50k Need Suggestion to build Gaming rig

Hari321

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Athlon x3
    • Motherboard - Asus XXX
    • GPU - HD 6670
    • RAM - Dynet 2X2GB 1333Mhz
    • Monitor - Dell s2240l
    • PSU - CM thunder 450
    • HDD - 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell s2240l
    • HDD - 1TB
    • Sony DVD drive
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • None.Looking for Suggestion Based on Both Intel and AMD config
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • RAM - 8GB
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Hyderabad
    • Open to online purchase(If prices are lower than local dealer)
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming at 1080p (very high to ultra)
    • Browsing
    • Ms Office and little bit photosop
    • Watching FHD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None.Any brand which have good service.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • All Latest games..GTA 5,Witcher 3,Shadow of mordor,DOTA 2 ,CS GO
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8/8.1

• CPU - Intel Core i5 4440 -12400,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5400,
  • RAM : Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB(4GBx2) 1600Mhz -5500,
  • GPU - Asus Strix GTX960 2GB -17600,
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 520w -5000,
  • Cabinet- Deepcool Tesseract SW -3300,
  • KB+Mouse - Logitech MK200 -800.
  • TOTAL -50,000.

• CPU - Intel Core i5 4440 -12400,
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5400,
  • RAM : Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB(4GBx2) 1600Mhz -5500,
  • GPU - Asus Strix GTX960 2GB -17600,
  • PSU - Seasonic S12II 520w -5000,
  • Cabinet- Deepcool Tesseract SW -3300,
  • KB+Mouse - Logitech MK200 -800.
  • TOTAL -50,000.

Could you also suggest AMD config...?

Will gtx 960 able to play GTA 5 at very high to ultra at 1080p without any lags ?

Any similar performance GPU from AMD?

Do i need to get any CPU cooler or stock cooler is enough as its for gaming ?

Could you also suggest AMD config...?

Will gtx 960 able to play GTA 5 at very high to ultra at 1080p without any lags ?

Any similar performance GPU from AMD?

Do i need to get any CPU cooler or stock cooler is enough as its for gaming ?
Intel config is much more power efficient than AMD. So I recommend only Intel. As far as AMD GPU is concerned AMD 280x is the most efficient GPU than all recent AMD GPU's. If you can wait for 3xx AMD GPU's then ...

Intel config is much more power efficient than AMD. So I recommend only Intel. As far as AMD GPU is concerned AMD 280x is the most efficient GPU than all recent AMD GPU's. If you can wait for 3xx AMD GPU's then ...

Well what about the gtx 960 performance on very high to ultra at 1080p ? As it is my final build,i'm expecting atleast 1-2yrs to run upcoming games too..

And also do i need CPU cooler with this config? Between 520w PSU is enough?

Well what about the gtx 960 performance on very high to ultra at 1080p ? As it is my final build,i'm expecting atleast 1-2yrs to run upcoming games too..

You can run on very high settings at 1080p all the upcoming games for until 2 years and you need Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo cooler as Haswell chips run hotter if you are up in the north then no need but in the south you always needs a cooler.
Yes if you are running GTX 960 even 400w PSU is enough but you can go with Seasonic S12II 520w to be more future proof in case you add another 960 in the future right.

You can run on very high settings at 1080p all the upcoming games for until 2 years and you need Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo cooler as Haswell chips run hotter if you are up in the north then no need but in the south you always needs a cooler.
Yes if you are running GTX 960 even 400w PSU is enough but you can go with Seasonic S12II 520w to be more future proof in case you add another 960 in the future right.

Which means SLI? Does that Mobo supports it ?

My friend lives in California.Could you tell me how do i get components from there.? Do import charges apply? What is the procedure if you anything ?

And Amazon.com ships to India which are in $ price and says free shipping on some items..which means no import charges? Just clarify it...Coz pc components are more cheaper in $...

The 960 will run gta 5 very well according to these benchmarks; http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...rked-across-14-nvidia-and-amd-graphics-cards/
However i can't say what future games will do to its 128-bit bus and 2gb memory. as bssunil says - 280x or wait for new cards in june.

Which means SLI? Does that Mobo supports it ?
Putting a 960 in sli is a bit of a waste, however, the new directx 12 api is said to enable dissimilar gpus to sli/crossfire so a multi-pcie-e board can definitely be considered for future-proofing a bit -i.e. get one gpu now and add another when it can't keep up anymore.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-directx12-amd-nvidia,28606.html

not really because a) it can't be overclocked and b) haswells run pretty cool as it is.
400-450 watts is enough for this system - 520 gives some headroom. also, pc components are aiming for more and more power efficiency.

Last edited:
The 960 will run gta 5 very well according to these benchmarks; http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...rked-across-14-nvidia-and-amd-graphics-cards/
However i can't say what future games will do to its 128-bit bus and 2gb memory. as bssunil says - 280x or wait for new cards in june.

Putting a 960 in sli is a bit of a waste, however, the new directx 12 api is said to enable dissimilar gpus to sli/crossfire so a multi-pcie-e board can definitely be considered for future-proofing a bit -i.e. get one gpu now and add another when it can't keep up anymore.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-directx12-amd-nvidia,28606.html

not really because a) it can't be overclocked and b) haswells run pretty cool as it is.
400-450 watts is enough for this system - 520 gives some headroom. also, pc components are aiming for more and more power efficiency.

Ok !!

Can you comment on my last post ?

Customs and shipping are separate charges paid to separate entities (the courier and the govt.), so free shipping does not equate to no duties.

There is an ebay global buyers program that sources items from abroad. the reason i mention this is because they clearly say that customs etc. is included in the final price. if there is no such declaration with amazon then best is to assume a worst case scenario. if it does get held up for customs then you will have to go pick it up yourself after paying the applicable duties (this would most likely be at the port of entry). I think it's best if someone who has gone through this to help explain the process.
there is a site called ibhejo that deals exclusively with buying in the us and delivering here but i have no experience with them and don't know how reliable they are.

Two major reasons why i would stick to the domestic market are;
a) shorter delivery time
b) warranty support

Customs and shipping are separate charges paid to separate entities (the courier and the govt.), so free shipping does not equate to no duties.

There is an ebay global buyers program that sources items from abroad. the reason i mention this is because they clearly say that customs etc. is included in the final price. if there is no such declaration with amazon then best is to assume a worst case scenario. if it does get held up for customs then you will have to go pick it up yourself after paying the applicable duties (this would most likely be at the port of entry). I think it's best if someone who has gone through this to help explain the process.
there is a site called ibhejo that deals exclusively with buying in the us and delivering here but i have no experience with them and don't know how reliable they are.

Two major reasons why i would stick to the domestic market are;
a) shorter delivery time
b) warranty support

Thnx for the Info..

I was googling and found Antec GX300 which is similar price to Deepcool tesseract.So which one is better(as i have no idea what to look in a cabinet ) ?

Biggest difference among various cabinets is design so the final decision is quite subjective.
build quality will be good as long as your choosing a known brand (deepcool, corsair, coolermaster, antec, nzxt, lian-li etc.)
Most gaming based cabinets have the main features needed i.e. good airflow, space for extra fans (front/back/top/bottom), cable holes and a bottom mounted psu.
Additional features are plexi glass panels, led's, removable drive bays, screw-less design etc.

Back