Monitors Need suggestions for a 27 inch monitor

tejo

Disciple
My 22" viewsonic went kaput sometime back, I think the back light went kaput. Have been using my 17" compaq crt since then, but I think its time for an upgrade.

I checked out 24" led's but they didn't seem that much bigger than my 22" 16:10 viewsonic, they only seemed to be a bit wider.

So have decided to go in for a 27 incher, but cannot decide between the following.

Acer S273HL - Its a TN panel with LED back lighting, I liked it. but this review discourages anyone from buying it :huh: Got a quote of 19k for this from prime.

Benq M2700HD Again a TN panel, has ccfl back lighting, so is thicker. Has speakers and lots of connectors which i do not need. Got a quote of 23k for this. I dont know if I should trust ccfl backlit lcd's since my viewsonic went kaput 1 day after the 3 year warranty got over.

BenQ EW2730V Its has a VA panel with LED back lighting, I liked this too, but it is no where to be seen :huh:

My primarily use will be for watching movies and browsing the internet, I feel 1920x1080 should be adequate for that. I can spend upto 25k. Which one should I go for?

For web browsing, I would not recommend a 27 incher, You need to pan your head, or leave a lot of blank space or Use small area of th emonitor..

I would recommend considering a 32inch FHD tv...

That would suit better..

thirumalkumaran said:
For web browsing, I would not recommend a 27 incher, You need to pan your head, or leave a lot of blank space or Use small area of th emonitor..

I would recommend considering a 32inch FHD tv...

That would suit better..
A tv would be too big and would occupy a lot more space as well, not to mention the price.

a 24" will be cheaper and will also be good for hd movies by the way what are ur room dimensions and how farther do u plan to sit and watch?

I feel 24 will be too small, I didnt see much of a size difference between my 22" and a 24". My room is 14x11x10, i'll be sitting arnd 7-9ft away from the monitor, only while watching movies. While surfing/working I intend to sit in front of the monitor.

I want this to be a one time investment for at least the next 3-4 years, that's another reason I dont want a 24". Are 32" hdtv's any good for surfing/normal pc work?

tejo said:
Are 32" hdtv's any good for surfing/normal pc work?
Yes although they may not be a match to a 24 incher/27 incher LCD monitor. If games and HD movies are the priority, get a full-HD HDTV. Will set you back by 28~32k.

Gannu said:
Yes although they may not be a match to a 24 incher/27 incher LCD monitor. If games and HD movies are the priority, get a full-HD HDTV. Will set you back by 28~32k.
I connected my laptop to a friends sony 32" full hd 3d led today, movies and games were amazing. But surfing the internet/chatting/browsing through folders and stuff seemed weird. Since the acer has reverse ghosting issues, I think I'll wait for the Benq EW2730V to hit the market and get that.

Some of the forum members use a 32inch LCD as the primary display. Udit, Shripad, thexfactor, Sharekhan are some of them I know of - maybe you can ask them how worse does the display fare when it comes to internet browsing, document editing and so forth.

Gannu said:
Some of the forum members use a 32inch LCD as the primary display. Udit, Shripad, thexfactor, Sharekhan are some of them I know of - maybe you can ask them how worse does the display fare when it comes to internet browsing, document editing and so forth.
I went through xfactor's http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/finally-a-full-hd-monitor-p-172241.html thread and have to say, 'otherneo' really sounded like one arrogant fool.

I've decided to save up for a 32" samsung series 5/6 led tv but if the benq gets released before I am able to save up for the tv, then will get the benq itself.

I thought of the dell 27" too, but since its said to have ghosting issues while gaming I've opted it out(my bro will be playing games, forgot to mention that).

u will be wasting ur moolah if u buy any of those monitors...heck u wud be better off buying a cheapo 26" LCT TV...if u want quality for watching movies & games go for either a Dell ultrasharp 27' or a apple 27" cinema display.... the ultrasharp will cost a bit less than the apple & at the same time offer u a more wider range of connectivity

Back