Budget 90k+ Need suggestions for a laptop for office use (non gaming)

D C

Adept
My sister needs a laptop for office use.
Requirements are long battery life, a good webcam, keyboard and display.
Non gaming use, can do without dedicated gpu.
15 inch or more. Strictly SSD.
Budget 1.5L, can extend a bit if worth it.

I did suggest m1 macbook pro/air, but it's on last priority because it's a mac(have never used apple stuff) and its 13 inch. Might get considered if no competitive windows options.
m1 pro and m1 max laptops are too expensive.

Thanks!

Since your budget is high, you can get 2-in 1 laptops as well, but screen size will usually be between 13 to 14. Just see this : Lenovo Yoga series, Yoga 2-in-1 HP Spectre x360 series (13.3 inch), there's also a 15 inch but seems not available in India. HP Envy X360 is also another option, but again 15 inch is not available, Realme book 512GB SSD etc.

15 inch:
Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3
ASUS Vivobook 15 OLED series - Ryzen model also available
HP Pavilion
Those are some excellent suggestions!
I’ll ask her if she would like 2in1 style laptops.

Also saw a 16inch oled vivobook on ASUS India site. Reviews are looking good.
Will also take a look at LG Gram series. Any idea about 2022 launches?

Thanks!

Got the lg gram 17 (2021).

Has an extra m2 slot. Not sure if it’s sata or nvme. Also if it’s gen3 or gen4.

Any suggestions for 1 tb ssd?

WD and Crucial are preferred as they have good performance for their price. Samsung is at a bit higher price range. Do check the differences before hitting that buy button

Welp. I am late to the picture and while I hope you never have to deal with rma'ing it. Let me know the review for RMA.
For the last gen gram whenever I called for an RMA and they assigned an technician first thing the assigned tech said on the call was.
"Sir what is broken washing machine or AC?". And when I tell them it's a laptop they were surprised and told me someone else will get in touch with me (which never happened)
It took a multitude of mails and calls to get in touch with someone who knows LG also sells laptops.

Welp. I am late to the picture and while I hope you never have to deal with rma'ing it. Let me know the review for RMA.
For the last gen gram whenever I called for an RMA and they assigned an technician first thing the assigned tech said on the call was.
"Sir what is broken washing machine or AC?". And when I tell them it's a laptop they were surprised and told me someone else will get in touch with me (which never happened)
It took a multitude of mails and calls to get in touch with someone who knows LG also sells laptops.
That’s a rip. Very concerning.
Fingers crossed I don’t have to experience LG RMA.
Thanks for the update!

First hiccup encountered.

Was not getting good battery life. Had enabled 80% charge limit.
Even at 80% charge, was barely getting 2-2.5 hours of use(web browsing, emails, excel stuff, youtube)

Generated a battery report following a guide.
chrome_o4rPuMbDhJ2.png
It says full charge capacity at 48 Wh, as compared to actual max capacity being 80 Wh.
Not expecting full 80 Wh, but at least 70-75 Wh. 48 Wh seems quite low.
Just 2 cycle counts on the battery.
The manufacturing date on the laptop box is June 2021.

Is this battery report reliable?

Will take this to croma this weekend and update.

Update- received the laptop from Croma.
Gave them the laptop about a week ago and asked them to deal with LG.

Lg approved battery replacement within 3 days of submitting at Croma. Took few more days to repair and send back to Croma.

Checked the battery, new battery is at 78k Wh actual capacity out of 80k Wh designed capacity.

Did you try to get in touch with lg themselves first? Would have been a fun story .
Also do let us know about the battery performance. Even I am not decided btw this or MacBook Air. Leaving towards the air slightly

Did you try to get in touch with lg themselves first? Would have been a fun story .
Also do let us know about the battery performance. Even I am not decided btw this or MacBook Air. Leaving towards the air slightly
I could have gone to LG directly, response would have been quicker by 1-2 days.
I wanted to test Croma customer support.

They initially suggested us to go to LG directly, but I insisted since it has been less than a month of purchase, I wanted Croma to resolve the issue.

Will post battery results after a week of use.

Bit of a review after a weeks of usage after battery replacement.

Battery life is phenomenal. Watched 2 movies of about 3 hours each, half brightness, on speaker, went from 80% to 30%. (Have set a 80% charge limiter, to help prolong battery life).
Screen is great too, but oled has spoiled me. Surprisingly, no HDR (or maybe I might have missed some setting).
Keyboard is great to type on, large screen helps with word and excel.
Both usb c are thunderbolt and support charging. 2 usb a ports are a massive plus.

Some negatives
Speakers are downward firing. Sound quality and max volume is disappointing compared to my 2013 MacBook Air.
Microsd slot, would have liked a full size sd card slot.
The bottom rubber pads have weak glue, if opened. Brand new it was fine. After battery replacement(all screws below pads), have lost one middle rubber foot, others feel loose too.
Heats up quite a bit, in middle, just in front of the keyboard, above f6 f7. Cpu is just below it. Ssd is very close to the cpu, with cpu working hard, I saw ssd temps in range of 55-60C, this doesn’t feel good for ssd life.

Had formatted windows 10 (resetting via windows just used lg recovery partition and brought back all the bloatware). Formatted the whole drive in windows installer.
Only have lg control panel installed to manage lg laptop specific settings(battery limit, fn key etc). Windows update found all drivers on its own.

Back