PC Peripherals Need suggestions for a motherboard

2kewl

Disciple
Hey Guys,

I'm currently using a P4 (2.4 Gigs) processor + an Intel motherboard which supports DDR RAM. One of my RAM's has gone kaput and since the DDR RAMs are pretty costly, I was thinking of getting some mobo with DDR2 support. Would save me for future hassles, because DDR's are also pretty tough to find these days.

Please suggest a decent, cheap mobo for my proc.. Need DDR2 RAM and other basic stuff. Use the PC primarily to listen to music, surf the net and watch movies.
Thanks!

ASUS G31 is currently a good motherboard coz it has got good DDR2 ram booster i.e even if u put 1gb ram it gives an extra performance and has 512mb graphics card inbuilt....but there's another motherboard from nvidea named zotac series its probably nex best motherboard after ASUS coz ASUS performance is best than anyother motherboards ok...now moving on to processor intel and AMD are only one's tht are good so you may choose which ever you want if you want a best gaming experience then go for AMD 6200+ which is by far good processor than intel e-series processors and it AMD's processor costs rs.500/- more than intel and as you said you need only for surfing and wathcing movies then you need no graphics card as 512mb is already given within motherboards..so you can take 2gb DDR2 transcend if you need the best performance...hope it was usefull...

FYI even DDR2 rates have shooted up. IMO DDR2 and DDR1 rates must be more or less same. DDR3 is only 100 or 200 bucks more than DDR2. So its better to stick on DDR3 modules and buy an appropriate DDR3 mobo (which may be .5 or 1k expensive). DDR3 is future proof...

You going to retain your proccy, right ?. Is it PGA (pin type proccy ) or LGA (pinless proccy). If its the latter no problem. You can get DDR2 or DDR3 comp. mobo. But if its the former, then forget about DDR2 or DDR3. For DDR2 mobo you have to change your PGA proccy too...

MOBO - you can go for the DG31PR or DG41RQ or even a better mobo (but not sure about compatibility with your proccy)

i think it would be 478-pga and u want to keep processor then u can find biostar mBoard at lynx india.if its lga-775 then u can choose from above mentioned Mboards.

anfjavid said:
FYI even DDR2 rates have shooted up. IMO DDR2 and DDR1 rates must be more or less same. DDR3 is only 100 or 200 bucks more than DDR2. So its better to stick on DDR3 modules and buy an appropriate DDR3 mobo (which may be .5 or 1k expensive). DDR3 is future proof...

You going to retain your proccy, right ?. Is it PGA (pin type proccy ) or LGA (pinless proccy). If its the latter no problem. You can get DDR2 or DDR3 comp. mobo. But if its the former, then forget about DDR2 or DDR3. For DDR2 mobo you have to change your PGA proccy too...

MOBO - you can go for the DG31PR or DG41RQ or even a better mobo (but not sure about compatibility with your proccy)

It is PGA. Can you suggest me a decent mobo with DDR RAM then? I'm planning to retain my proccy. Thinking of hanging on to it for a year or so, before I get a new machine built.

The proccy, btw, is a Intel P4 2.4 Ghz (Socket 478 mPGA).

nowadays its very hard to find pga mobos. If you are not able to get it then do as vip said... But i will rather suggest to get an lga proccy, mobo and ddr2 ram. Buying new mobo just for using it for 1 yr is a waste. Better get 2nd hand. Then its upto you...

Back