Audio Need suggestions for audio components

Kushagra

Disciple
Hello friends,

I'm upgrading my audio components and I need your suggestions to make it easier for me to decide :)
I will be using these speakers to listen songs, watching movies (occasionaly) and little gaming. My budget is strictly 20k for speakers.I also tend to hook up these speakers with PS3 and X360.

I had made up my mind for Logitech Z-5500 but A5 is also available in India
so what will be my best bet ? I will mostly listen songs. (I have huge collection of lossless songs) They sound dumb on my current Creative 2.1 SBS A300 speakers :ashamed: I expect a huge difference in sound quality.

I'll be buying these speakers online as nothing is available in my place :mad: Please temme name of the shops which can ship them to me.

I need a sound card as well, budget for sound card is 5k, Xonar DX fits perfectly in my budget but off late my Gigabyte EP45 UD3L went kaput (I damaged my LGA Socket 775 pins while installing CPU :'(). Currently I'm on Gigabyte G41 ES2L mobo which does'nt has dedicated PCI Ex1 slot :(

I'm terribly confused, Is there any way to fix it ? I don't think I'll get RMA for it, can anybody repair it or I have to buy a new mobo ? :no:

I'm in big dilemma to what to do ? Please help me !

Till then take care :)

The A5 will not do justice while you're gaming on your PC/PS3/X360.

Your best bet would be to split up the budget and get a MX5021, a decent sound card such as the Asus Xonar DX and a pair of entry level active stereo bookshelves such as the Audioengine A2. This would slightly overshoot your budget by a grand or two. Once the speakers have properly burnt in, they sound sweeter than they did out-of-the-box.

The A2 had a bad batch once - not anymore! There've been instances where peeps had to RMA the defective piece one after the other. Couple of my friends had ordered the A2s from bajaoo.com about 6 months back IIRC and they're still working fine! *touchwood*

The consignment is bound to be expensive, speakers're heavy you know - at least the MX in this regard. Is there no reputed computer shops in Allahabad?

yes. if only for audio, look for Razer Mako 2.1 or Klipsch Promedia GMX2.1 or AL MX-5021.

it's waste going for Z5500 if your priority is music.

Gannu said:
The A5 will not do justice while you're gaming on your PC/PS3/X360.

Your best bet would be to split up the budget and get a MX5021, a decent sound card such as the Asus Xonar DX and a pair of entry level active stereo bookshelves such as the Audioengine A2. This would slightly overshoot your budget by a grand or two. Once the speakers have properly burnt in, they sound sweeter than they did out-of-the-box.

The A2 had a bad batch once - not anymore! There've been instances where peeps had to RMA the defective piece one after the other. Couple of my friends had ordered the A2s from bajaoo.com about 6 months back IIRC and they're still working fine! *touchwood*

The consignment is bound to be expensive, speakers're heavy you know - at least the MX in this regard. Is there no reputed computer shops in Allahabad?

I should buy MX-5021+Xonar DX and A2 too? :O

Where will I plug in Xonar DX ? EP45 UD3L is not workin mate :(

Nope, there is no reputed shop in Allahabad, best they can offer is Creative T6100 :| I have to take the courier route to get them here.

desiibond said:
yes. if only for audio, look for Razer Mako 2.1 or Klipsch Promedia GMX2.1 or AL MX-5021.

it's waste going for Z5500 if your priority is music.

I heard Razer's audio products are crap :huh:

Z-5500 isn't good when it comes to music ? :O

I was considering Z-5500, fond of bass :D

kushagra2008 said:
I should buy MX-5021+Xonar DX and A2 too? :O

You said your priority was listening to music so the A2 set doesn't hurt.

kushagra2008 said:
Where will I plug in Xonar DX ? EP45 UD3L is not workin mate :(

As for the motherboard, you can try the RMA route. Else a cheaper P45 motherboard from the market.

kushagra2008 said:
Z-5500 isn't good when it comes to music ? :O

I was considering Z-5500, fond of bass :D

The Z5500 isn't everyone's cup of tea either. You may use the SPDIF out on the motherboard thru digital/coaxial thus eliminating the use of a sound card.

Gannu said:
You may use the SPDIF out on the motherboard thru digital/coaxial thus eliminating the use of a sound card.

No no, I'll buy a Xonar DX. As for speakers can you tell me name of the shops which can ship them to me ?
Thanks for your valuable inputs desiibond, much appreciated :)

Back