Need suggestions for induction stove?

@logistopath,i too purchased a icx7,and tried it out today,with prestige induction cookware.when the shop fellow was giving a demo-he put some water in some beat-up pan and boiled it,there was no noise,or i didnt notice it.wheni tried it out,using my utensils,it makes a buzzing sound.the vessel is properly centered and all,but why does it make that noise?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I've noticed the same buzzing sound with induction base cookware. The same does not happen when using stainless steel vessels (you can use them too). No idea why. But there is no difference in how soon or late the food gets heated/cooked.

which one of these will run on an inverter? say on 100w or 200w setting (if in a pinch)? with lpg prices set to hit 1000+ mark per cylinder, time to get one of these now before the prices sky rockets.

which one of these will run on an inverter? say on 100w or 200w setting (if in a pinch)? with lpg prices set to hit 1000+ mark per cylinder, time to get one of these now before the prices sky rockets.
@6pack - did u find any that runs on an inverter ? I am interested in such a model as well.

No model will run in a low capacity inverter (upto 1400VA). It is because in the low power mode (100 or 200W), the power is maintained by switching on and off, much like an AC. When switched on, the induction stove will draw the full power- around 2000W. Accordingly an inverter has to be bought.

@silverbyte, I did not find such an inverter. thinking of getting the Morphy Richards Chef express 400 or 100. These have 8 power levels from 120W - 2000W. Plus 2 yrs guarantee. Might get from FK since their price is just about right. I'm not linking flipkart since they tend to raise prices if page hits increases for a particular item.
Induction Cookers

Back