PC Peripherals Need Suggestions for Mini PC build

soulweaver

Nice is Free
Patron
I am looking to build a small form factor PC for light browsing, htpc, and light office work.

The Intel i3 12100 (with integrated graphics) is the processor of choice. I am looking to keep the price as low as possible.

I am suggestions for the following:

1. Cabinet (preferably with a powersupply) | for my earlier AMD build, I used a version of this iball cabinet. I am looking for something similar or smaller.
2. If the cabinet does not come with a power supply, a power supply that will fit in a mini cabinet
3. A good inexpensive Mobo. (preferably with WiFi and BT or with a slot where I can plug-in my current Wifi BT card)

My hackintosh uses a Cooler Master Elite 130 and I am not happy with it (in terms of size). I am looking at something that is smaller, and narrower (a la the iBall Cabinet).

Thank you all!

That iball case supports only SFX PSUs and the one included with the case is straight forward bad. The case has very limited airflow from side panel and limited cpu cooler options.
Good SFX PSUs from corsair or cooler master are expensive and this iball case is no match for it.

Following are my suggestions for a nice build which is decently compact and good quality and nice airflow.

SilverStone FARA H1M PRO

Gigabyte B660M Gaming AC DDR4 Motherboard
Cooler Master MWE 450 Bronze - V2

Corsair CX-M Series CX450M Semi-Modular

The Silverstone case is 30L in volume and has 3x120 fans and good airflow and support for standard ATX PSU and micro atx mobo, 2 x HDD, 2 x SSD.
This Mobo is the cheapest one which has some VRM heatsink and wifi. Same model without wifi is also available which is 1.5k around cheaper.

If you source that iball case, you can cut a square at the size of 120mm fan on the center of the side panel and drill 4 holes and attach a 120mm fan and put a dust filter on it. Can cut another square on the top straight above the PSU and put a dust filter on it so you can mount PSU fan facing upwards and it can take fresh air or easily exhaust hot air if it is idle.

I am looking to build a small form factor PC for light browsing, htpc, and light office work.

The Intel i3 12100 (with integrated graphics) is the processor of choice. I am looking to keep the price as low as possible.

I am suggestions for the following:

1. Cabinet (preferably with a powersupply) | for my earlier AMD build, I used a version of this iball cabinet. I am looking for something similar or smaller.
2. If the cabinet does not come with a power supply, a power supply that will fit in a mini cabinet
3. A good inexpensive Mobo. (preferably with WiFi and BT or with a slot where I can plug-in my current Wifi BT card)

My hackintosh uses a Cooler Master Elite 130 and I am not happy with it (in terms of size). I am looking at something that is smaller, and narrower (a la the iBall Cabinet).

Thank you all!
Why not an Intel NUC , Cant go smaller than that

No NUCs with i3 12th gen. The latest are 11th gen and are expensive for the power they offer. Also, no proper sound card and no scope for good gfx when and if needed.

I have several SFF PCs and their sound leaves a loooot to be desired. In fact, I have tried living with one, but the sound output is just so, so, underwhelming.

Also the price.

That Artis Joy 3.0 case although supports micro atx mobo it only supports sfx PSUs it seems. One coming with the case is straight forward bad and it is bottom mounted as well sitting near by pcie slots which make installing even slim GPUs not possible and bad airflow as well. Your iBall case is better than this IMO as it has PSU on top. Have to spend around 9k to get nice sfx PSU like CM v550 gold which artis/iBall don't deserve.

Cougar case is mini itx only.

Back