Need suggestions for Storage boxes

frozenscotch

Disciple
Hi members,
I have many "not frequently used" items which I keep in loft , like kitchen ware items , DIY stuff and big luggage bags etc
Until now, I was using big cardboard boxes which I got during house shifting couple of years back, something like these --

1673804733061.png

They are big in size like -> 20L x 17W x 16H . They fit nicely in loft .
Now , I wanted to shift to more robust storage containers like these -
1673804758179.png

I wanted to know feedback about above storage options or any better ideas

Thanks

check these out, i use the blue boxes since they have wheels and are easy to pull out, they also come with lids so some amount of dust prevention.

I'll still say cardboard boxes are better option. They can close completely to prevent dust from entering. And can be unfolded when not in use to make space.

check these out, i use the blue boxes since they have wheels and are easy to pull out, they also come with lids so some amount of dust prevention.
I did checked Ikea site, but didnt get anything of the size of my liking. VESSLA crates seems to be good, do u know if there are bigger versions of this ?

I'll still say cardboard boxes are better option. They can close completely to prevent dust from entering. And can be unfolded when not in use to make space.
Cardboard ones have wear and tear, as we push/pull them to take out the items. You cannot stack them one over other as they cannot bear the weight. Their lids change the shape over time. And , they cannot be unfolded as they are taped to form the box shape (look at pic in #1), removing the tape will peel of upper layers .
I keep couple of boxes in balcony, so, am preferring some type of plastic crates

I am looking indiamart site, they have good options , anybody dealt with dealers on it , whats the process of buying in that site ? Or should I vist their warehouses ?

I did checked Ikea site, but didnt get anything of the size of my liking. VESSLA crates seems to be good, do u know if there are bigger versions of this ?

Cardboard ones have wear and tear, as we push/pull them to take out the items. You cannot stack them one over other as they cannot bear the weight. Their lids change the shape over time. And , they cannot be unfolded as they are taped to form the box shape (look at pic in #1), removing the tape will peel of upper layers .
I keep couple of boxes in balcony, so, am preferring some type of plastic crates

I am looking indiamart site, they have good options , anybody dealt with dealers on it , whats the process of buying in that site ? Or should I vist their warehouses ?
They have two sizes in stores but I have usually seen only these sizes online.
India mart will be a difficult discussion most of them need quantity and also is for GST. If you have a GST or access to one then try buying a few sample pieces.

Ikea Samla boxes are the best in terms of cost/sturdiness/stackable.
I've lost count of the samla boxes I have for various storage needs ranging across almost all sizes they have.
I used to have numerous carton boxes for storage, which I had eventually replaced with these.

If you want thicker gauge boxes, then there are options from Nilkamal/Nayasa etc.
If you have the time/patience/money, you can get custom made plastic cartons for your requirement.
Like these >> https://www.packman.co.in/plastic-corrugated-boxes.html

many thanks for the responses guys... nilkamal one is very good, also sockerbit, but both are above my budget, will need to check the local market.

DMart has storage containers with lid.
agree, dmart will have everything a home needs , but, its far from the place I stay, will plan it sometime

Back