Audio Need Suggestions: MIDI Keyboard

a5hr1th

Disciple
I need to buy a MIDI keyboard for my productions. I have a budget of 20k at the max. I've shortlisted these keyboards, but I don't exactly know where to get them.

Edirol PCR-500
M-Audio Axiom 49

I've heard they retail in Mumbai, but don't know where, what shop and for how much. If someone could help me out with this one, I'd be glad ! I'm from Ahmedabad, but I can arrange someone pick it up from Mumbai if there's a shop that sells the keyboards I'd mentioned.

oK, 20K is a very nice budget for a MIDI keyboard.

First off id like to ask you that have you used any MIDI keyboards before?

What software you on?

A semi-weighted keyboard will do, in your budget id buy the Axiom 49 eyes closed but if you could get a good deal do look at Akai MPK49 from zZounds.com!

This baby is worth every penny

Personally ive had like 4 M-audio products leaving apart the driver issues that too on Vista ive never ever complained about anything, Edirol is meh i love their audio interfaces but with that budget id rather go M-audio or Akai ::)

PM me your Gtalk, ill add you up the M-audio distri is a good friend of mine..ill get you shipped it to your place

P.S- Add up on Myspace :)..see siggy

I'm going to bump this thread as I have the same requirements as the OP. My budget is around 20k as well but I'm hearing lots of good things about the Akai MPK49, which I think costs a bit more. Now that the 2nd generation Axiom 49 is out, what's a better option? Anish? Cranky? What do you guys suggest?

i'd go with the cakewalk / roland a-800 for about 21k. Better keys .way better than maudio kb's.
Its available on bajaao.com and i have two of those . Also have an axiom 61 2nd gn but roland is way better

So let me summarise. The suggestions I have so far:

1. M-audio Axiom 49 (2nd gen) - ~19,000 Rs

2. Akai Pro MPK49 ~25,000 Rs

3. Novation Nocturn 49 keyboard ~24,000 Rs

4. Roland A-800 ~21,000 Rs

Whoa, can you, or for that matter anyone here, weigh the pros and cons of each vs the other? I know it's a big task but hopefully it will help me finetune my decision.

1. M-audio Axiom 49 (2nd gen) - pretty good but not the best keys

2. Akai Pro MPK49 ~25,000 Rs - if those drum pads really matter

3. Novation Nocturn 49 keyboard - plasticy keys but Automap is a great feature .

4. Roland A-800 - very good velocity response and after touch (its a Roland !) . control knobs not the best but do the job.

Back