Audio Need suggestions on a good 2.1 speaker system + sound card

gauravt

Adept
Looking for a good 2.1 speaker system and a good sound card for music, movies, and casual gaming, budget of 12k with the sound card....

Just get the MX5021 and test them thoroughly over the time you are here with all sorts of tracks and movies.
That's too make sure you haven't got a bad set.
Your parents don't need audiophile grade speakers/sound card to watch DVD rips and to interact with you on skype when back to the US.

p.s. i don't think it's worth paying 1K to get ATP3 repaired.
Are you sure it's goners?
Maybe it just blew the fuse and you may replace that and check. :p

gauravt said:
were do i get the Asus Xonar DX?

Hey bro. Long time no see. Back from US? :)

Get the Xonar DX from predatorvj. He's a Regd. Dealer in our forums now. Retails for ~4.5k shipped. Good deal.

As for the speakers, get the MX5021. Seems like prices've increased from ~6.5k to ~7.5k and some reports on the degradation of the SQ. It takes a week or 2 for the speakers to burn-in properly as well.

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 is a notch better and expensive. Not sure about the prices. Could be ~8.5k-10k.

As Bikey's suggested, get an ipod loaded with songs and get the speakers tested from the shop. :)

PS: The EP630 from the GO still packs a punch. :p

greenhorn said:
bikey, what do you know that we dont (about gaurav's speakers :p)

my atp3 starts crackling when the volume is put on high, gave it to prime for repair, they said the woofer is gone, and they asked 1k for repairing, those speakers are out of warranty, bought them last september, dont think it is worth repairing, hence looking for a good set of speakers

MX5021 hands down. I haven't heard the Z2300 but having heard the Z5500 I wouldn't really want to compare. :p

dude go with MX 5021 ,it certainly rocks for any kind of music ,but i do agree that MX has dropped in quality ,now a dayz ,all u need to do is pick the speakers and check them at the shop itself , i did have issues with it early but after sorting things out the speakers are superpb ,and i did hear to the Z2300 they are kind of boomy i never liked them :no: :no: ,not sure what kind of music u listen to , i did play some hip hop and metal both the genres were kind of boom in the Z2300's and later i planned to pick up the Klipsch Pro media ,did not even like them ,finally came the MX and they are good :hap2: :hap2: and more over i would not recommend u a sound card with the MX it doesn't make a big difference tats what greenhorn had mentioned in some thread ,probably greenhorn can help u with the sound card thing ,do PM him else i will do it for u in some time ,me leaving to work now :(

btb u were the guy who had started a GO for EP 630 right ,where did u go off all these dayz i last i heard from u was ,u were in US for Pilot Training ,what are u upto these dayzzz

metalspree said:
btb u were the guy who had started a GO for EP 630 right ,where did u go off all these dayz i last i heard from u was ,u were in US for Pilot Training ,what are u upto these dayzzz

thanks for the suggestion dude, will be going for the mx5021. Have come for vacation, would be going back to the us soon

Another dibbs for MX 5021 + Asus Xonar DX. You should be able to get both of them in Prime. As everybdoy told make sure you test it properly at the shop itself.

Back