Budget 51-70k Need suggestions on buying a pc worth 50k - cpu only

manson21

Recruit
Q: What is your budget?

50K For CPU Only

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU - AMD ATHLON 64
Motherboard - ASUS
GPU - ON BOARD 256 MB
RAM - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR1
Monitor - SAMSUNG 17"
SMPS - DONT KNOW
ALTEC LANSING 2.1

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

ALTEC LANSING 2.1

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

I AM LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

NO THIS WILL BE MY FINAL CONFIG FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

NO

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

MULTIPURPOSE - HOME + OFFICE

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

NONE

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

I WOULD WISH TO PLAY ALL THE LATEST GAMES WHICH REQUIRE GRAPHICS

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1920x1080
Desktop - 1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 AND WINDOWS 8 LATER ON

I HAVE DECIDED ON BUYING A 27" MONITOR

A 27" Monitor ..... (any specific reasons why 27" & not 24") will eat into more than half of your CPU budget.

I gather you have kept funds aside for this ( >25K ). The Dell UltraSharp U2713HM is a great monitor (priced at over 27K) and not easily available

i5 2500K-13K
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 -10.5K
MSi 7850 twin Frozr II -16.5K or MSI 7850 Power Edition - 15.8K
G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (4GBx 2) -3.5K
Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 - 4K
NZXT 410 Phantom 6K (beauty) :p
Seagate Barracuda 1TB -5.2K

Just dont get any Cooling now.Itz no need to OC now,U may need in Future,so after some months u can get one because Budget is already Extended too much. Itz way above to 58K(I hope u can Extend ur Budget) But itz worth it.And I hope u will be keeping the Mouse + Keyboard LOL or u can add another 700bucks for a Combo. Seriously I have no Idea if this is gonna last for 3 years.Maybe 1-1.5 Years max :p For hardcore gaming and then U will be Pulled down to Medium Settings! or Even LOW!

27" Monitor? Which one exactly?

Alternate 52K Build
i5 2500K-13K
GIGABYTE GA-Z77M-D3H -7.6K
MSi 7850 twin Frozr II -16.5K
G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (4GBx 2) -3.5K
Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 - 4K
NZXT Gamma -2.5K
Seagate Barracuda 1TB -5.2K

@manson21 this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15500/-
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO ~10500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3600/-
Sapphire / MSi HD7850 2GB ~16500/- [OR hold out this purchase till nVidia releases the GTX660Ti on 24[SUP]th[/SUP] this month, base performance will be better but over-clocking will be hamstrung]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14[64MB cache] ~5000/-
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/- OR Bit Fenix Outlaw APAC edition ~3800/-
LOGITECH G400 / G300 gaming mouse ~1500/-
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 ~2000/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

P.S. -- Welcome to TE mate, have a pleasant stay.

Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 - 4K[/QOUTE]

For an over-clocking RIG, this? :annoyed:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously -.- ? They get Seriously Hot When OC'd

We can always Change our Choice :p

Yeah the chip gets hot irrespective of the situation with that crap-bundle of an OEM cooler love we get from Intel in its PiB's. Also those were the initial reports on Ivy-Bridge, I do not see people running around with threads like this anymore; let the OP reply, if he is inclined to over-clock from the get-go he needs a decent heat-sink-fan OR closed water loop and he better invest in it.

About the latter, please research a llittle before suggesting SMPS from the Corsair CX series [barring the CX v2430W] and Cooler Master eXtrem Pro series.

Little Overkill for a Home+ Office PC

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

I WOULD WISH TO PLAY ALL THE LATEST GAMES WHICH REQUIRE GRAPHICS

Does that answer the question. And if this were a home -- office PC I see no need of over-clocking OR a processor beefier than the Core i3 2120. And for those matters what is an HD78** series in there for, if not gaming!

I have been wanting to buy a 27 inch for quite sometime now, no I am not looking to buy the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM, i checked and the price in india is more then 45k which is way above my budget,. What exactly do you mean when you say a 27" will eat into more than half of my CPU budget.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

I have been wanting to buy a 27 inch for quite sometime now, no I am not looking to buy the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM, i checked and the price in india is more then 45k which is way above my budget,. What exactly do you mean when you say a 27" will eat into more than half of my CPU budget.

A 27" Monitor ..... (any specific reasons why 27" & not 24") will eat into more than half of your CPU budget.

I gather you have kept funds aside for this ( >25K ). The Dell UltraSharp U2713HM is a great monitor (priced at over 27K) and not easily available

What exactly do you mean when you say a 27" will eat into more than half of my CPU budget.

Well ... when you budget 50K for your RIG and half of it for your monitor is what I meant (so you will end up spending 75K or more!!).

And yes (you are right about the Dell Ultrasharp pricing) is in the range of 45K. Samsung is available for 20.5K Samsung S27A550H Price in India - Samsung 27" inch LED Cost / Benq for 27K BenQ LED Monitor Price India, Buy BenQ M2700HD 27 inch - Infibeam.com /

Now when you get into the 27" & above territory - this is where resolution makes all the difference Dell's or Apple's 2560 x 1440 vs the Others which are 1920 x 1080. Plus an IPS panel; Display port (better than HDMI & DVI) and so on ...... and that's where there's a huge price difference between great quality monitors (Dell / Apple) vs the rest. There are other's too that are good or great monitors & priced in the same way as Dell.

I have used both Apple 27" & Dell 30" at work & these are simply awesome.

Go into any Apple Store and check their 27" ..... unfortunately this is the most one could possibly check-out on before buying (rest demo's are almost impossible). Float a specific 27" thread if you wish to locate actual users who could share their experience with you.

P.S: Are you also looking at using the 27" for watching movies :)

Thank you once again for the tip, I did look at the Samsung S27A550H, and in the meanwhile I am looking at ASUS and BENQ too,,
Yes I will be watching movies on the 27". and I plan to stay at the 1920X1080 resolution as of now - the other is way beyond my budget...

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

LOGITECH G400 / G300 gaming mouse ~1500/-
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 ~2000/-

How about the logitech k350??

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Thank you for your suggestions - I think I am going to finalize on the following

CPUI5 3570K
MBASRock Z77 Extreme4
MEMORYGskill RipjawsX 8GB RAM F3-14900CL10S-8GBXL
SSDCorsair Force Series 3 60GB SATA 3 6Gbs
PSUCORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V

Cabinet
NZXT Gamma MID TOWER Black interior chassis
Mouse
Logitech G400
Keyboard
Logitech K350

I am unable to decide on a GSU - I think i had like a cheaper one - Would request suggestions and also if i can get some options on the 27"" Monitor -

Thank you

Ivy bridge doesnt get sooooooooooo hot as its made out to be . Only it overclocking gets it a bit hot , if you have a decent aftermarket cooler , the temp difference is approx 10 deg C .
Means ivy is 10 higher at same clocks but that is ok . Ivy bridge at 4.2 can = Sandy at 4.4 so no big deal there . But ivy becomes a steam engine over 4.5 Ghz some reviews say , while some sandy bridge owners easily have it at 4.8 ghz . not big deal but yeah ofcourse depends on your silicon .
Also you can check anandtech bench performance , single threaded performance is almost 15-18 percent ; more at stock , thats brilliant aint it .
But its stock cooler cant handle even stock performance , better go with an aftermarket one .
Also its wont go above 4.5 Ghz , but then who wants it above that , even sandy bridge guys find 4.5 ghz marks safer . Good compromise between power consumption , performance , etc .

But if you are looking for using a stock cooler for some time then it 2500k . 3570k seems to be a bit of a white elephant at the moment .
Needs an after market cooler , no option for that . But for me still its worth it . Its a new gen processor , quite a few advantages in that ! .

Yamakashi Catleap 27" and Achieva Shimian QH270 27" Both come as Cheap as less then 350$ including shipping @2560*1440 Resolution and Specially the Catleap Ramp up as high as 90hz+ These two have been quite Famous for cheap 1440p + 27" solution for Budget conscious users ,and donot consider them cheap They pack some Fantastic Performance!

Catleap Club See the Number of users and their reviews --> Click
This one too ---> Click

One of most trusted dealers Red-Cap---> His ebay Store

The Seller assures declaring as low as 50$ Price tag(for Some Member in US) so u dont pay much Custom's but considering Indian Custom's Declaring Price as 150$ and 27% Duty Still far cheaper then Dell and Benq Model's

i think i will go for the BENQ EW2730V - is this available in Bombay??

Not sure, call up BenQ India service number and find out which all models will be available.

You can also look at the DELL Ultrasharp U2713HM ~30000/-.

Can you provide a link for the product,The newer editions of Dell monitors have not been up to the mark comparing the old 'H' series.There must be some compromise considering U2711H is priced for 45k,Hope it'd at least H-IPS considering the price.
Not sure, call up BenQ India service number and find out which all models will be available.

You can also look at the DELL Ultrasharp U2713HM ~30000/-.

Can you provide a link for the product,The newer editions of Dell monitors have not been up to the mark comparing the old 'H' series.There must be some compromise considering U2711H is priced for 45k,Hope it'd at least H-IPS considering the price.

No I am quoting the older pricing which I remember. Are you serious, ~45000/- for this monitor!

Yes I have a feeling it is the proper deal, because DELL India's product page reads ~99% accuracy in colour reproduction --> Dell? UltraSharp? U2713HM 68.5cm (27) Monitor with LED Details | Dell India.

Back