Need suggestions on mobile broadband service

fire

Disciple
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a mobile broadband connection.

My main focus is on BSNL 3g connection, since i have an N95 mobile and i would not need to buy a USB device.

After looking through the BSNL 3g home page, i am a bit confused now.

Can some one clarify the following points for me.

1- How much would it actually cost me to get the 2499 unlimited plan(including the sim/tax etc)

2- Is there any FUP on the above mentioned plan?.

3- I right now connect my mobile to my laptop using mobile office connection provided by airtel,i can connect my 3g connection to my laptop in the same way right?

4- will 3G connection be available where ever BSNL normal connection is present in chennai.

5- How long will it take for me to get the SIM card and activate my connection.

I tried calling up BSNL customer care numbers but all the lines that i tried were busy. So someone from chennai and is currently using a BSNL 3G connection help me out in this case?.

If any other connection is better, kindly let me know.
My main concern points are speed and unlimited downloads.

TIA.

Peace~

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a mobile broadband connection.

My main focus is on BSNL 3g connection, since i have an N95 mobile and i would not need to buy a USB device.

After looking through the BSNL 3g home page, i am a bit confused now.

Can some one clarify the following points for me.

1- How much would it actually cost me to get the 2499 unlimited plan(including the sim/tax etc)

It will cost you 2499+60( One time charges)+tax

2- Is there any FUP on the above mentioned plan?.

No that is total unlimited plan. No FUP.

3- I right now connect my mobile to my laptop using mobile office connection provided by airtel,i can connect my 3g connection to my laptop in the same way right?

Yes you can connect in the same way with BSNL GPRS connection. Maximum speed I can get with BSNL 3G connection is 1.3~3 MB.

4- will 3G connection be available where ever BSNL normal connection is present in chennai.

Yes it should. Confirm from BSNL office / Do survey by moving any BSNL connection in desired areas with 3G network preferred on the mobile.

5- How long will it take for me to get the SIM card and activate my connection.
One day maximum or may be within 1-2 hours.

I tried calling up BSNL customer care numbers but all the lines that i tried were busy. So someone from chennai and is currently using a BSNL 3G connection help me out in this case?.

I am not from Chennai but have both BSNL 2G/3G connection with my Sony W910i and making video calls at only 30 paisa per minute.

Visit here for further tariff details.

3G Home Page

If any other connection is better, kindly let me know.

My main concern points are speed and unlimited downloads.

Sorry, I don't have any idea :p

TIA.

Peace~

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a look in this thread also.

http://www.techenclave.com/wireless-internet/workaround-use-bsnl-3g-cost-normal-161834.html

Back