Budget 21-30k Need suggestions on Mobo + Case + PSU

ktks1

Disciple
Hello,

I've shortlisted between ASUS Prime Z690M-PLUS D4 and ASUS TUF Z690-PLUS D4 to go with my i7 12700K.
If I go with the Prime Z690M ITX, it costs less compared to TUF ATX, and I can use the existing case (Fractal Design Define Nano S), thus reducing my spending by a significant amount.
But, want to know if getting TUF series has durability advantages even if I don't overclock.
Also, will the EVGA 550W Gold+ PSU handle i7 12700K + 1070 Strix combo if I run them at stock speed?

Thanks in advance.

-ktks1

1. What is your budget?
    • ~6K for case , ~25K for mobo , ~8K for PSU
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i7 6700K
    • Motherboard - Asus Z170 N
    • GPU - GTX 1070 Strix OC
    • RAM - GSkill Ripjaws 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4
    • Monitor - LG Ultragear 32" 1440p 144Hz
    • PSU - EVGA 550 Gold+
    • Case - Fractal Design Define Nano S
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • GPU - no plans to upgrade yet as I'm able to edit videos in 4K at decent timeframes
    • Monitor
    • PSU
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel core i7 12700K (decided)
    • Motherboard - ASUS Prime Z690M-PLUS D4, ASUS TUF Z690-PLUS D4 (with or without WiFi)
    • RAM - GSkill Ripjaws 2X16GB 3600MHz DDR4 (decided)
    • PSU - Can I use the existing one? If not, suggest above 750W Gold
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • GPU - RTX 4xxx series when it releases
    • PSU - As per GPU requirements
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bengaluru
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Mobo - no
    • Case , PSU (if needed) - yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • 4K Video editing
    • Casual gaming
    • Browsing

How old is that 550w psu of yours? If it's not in perfect condition, I would recommend upgrading as 550 is pretty much cut to cut. (Minimum rec as per Nvidia is 500) that i7 of yours is relatively power hungry and if you are going to be taxing it (4k video editing), be cautious.

How old is that 550w psu of yours? If it's not in perfect condition, I would recommend upgrading as 550 is pretty much cut to cut. (Minimum rec as per Nvidia is 500) that i7 of yours is relatively power hungry and if you are going to be taxing it (4k video editing), be cautious.
Thanks for the reply. PSU is in excellent condition. Nvidia rec of 500W is for 1070? I'm not planning to overclock anything on this PSU though.

From specs, I saw that i7 12700k and 1070 will consume upto 400w n stock settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220130-162142__01__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220130-162142__01__01.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 64
Thank you. I might sell the EVGA 550 gold for a Corsair 850 or 1000 gold then just to future proof the setup

You should look better ATX Mobo with Z690 Chipset
As far as SMPS goes might want to look at850W+ for future proofing as well

Thank you.

I went through few reviews and they're all pointing toward ASUS TUF Z690 PLUS D4 Wifi as the value for money option with stable bios and OC capability.
For PSU, as suggested, I might go with Corsair RM850 then

Back