Audio Need suggestions to buy speakers b/w 5-10k for desktop

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the topic, I have an urgent requirement to buy a new speaker set b/w 5-10k. Did a basic research and found that Edifier has DA5000 available for around 10.7k @ Infibeam, Logitech has Z623 for 8.2k & Altec Lansing has 6021 @ 9k (Letsbuy since they would offer COD)

I reside in Lucknow where Edifier is an unknown brand atleast in terms of service & therefore its ruled out though I feel DA5000 would been the perfect match. Since I have been using AL vs4121 (2.1) I was more keen on getting a 5.1 this time around. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a suitable contender in this price range. F&D 6000 is for around 8k but again its a new unheard brand.

Kindly suggest what options should I look at.

Regards

P.S. Final Options:

Logitech z506 5.1 @ 5k - Infibeam

Edifier C2 @ 4.2k - Infibeam

Logitech Z623 @ 7.8k - Infibeam

AL 6021 @ 9k - Letsbuy

Edifier DA5000 @ 10.8k - Infibeam

^^ that's again a 2.1.
sign42.gif

One guy has recently purchased DA5000 Pro on HFV, not the regular DA5000 and said something about this speakers:

this system has tweeters on the satellites and cranking up the treble gives a lot of clarity to the sound. thats a plus. but having said that, the Sub is kinda weak and distorts like crazy even if we go anywhere close to 80% volume. this is kinda disappointing. but all round the bass does have its impact. in other words, if you really push the volume and adjust the bass level to reduce distortion, you neighbours will complain.

them comes the center channel, this is the Achilles heel of this product. dialogue quality during movies us HORRIBLE in this product. infact, i prefer my old creative t6200 center to this. the center channel is huge in size with 2 mids and one tweeter(but is still rated at a low 12wrms). but the sound is puny and weak. i dont blame the speakers as much as i blame the amp. i know this, because i tried my old T6200 center (rated 14w) with the DA5000pro and it sounded quite bad too.

all in all, id say its a good product. sounds great and the satellites with their tweeters sound great. bass can sound good provided you keep tuning it to what is currently playing.

and the only -ve feedback i have is the center channel, even the speaker is huge, it just isnt as good as a center in a INR 10k system is supposed to be.

well I have not heard Logitech Z906, but I have heard Logitech Z5500-D. I didn't like Z5500-D. I have had Z5500-D for a week, bought it for a friend. To me the issues with Z5500-D were, it's center channel used to distort at mid-high volume. lack of clarity in sound as compared to AL MX5021, yes this is the only speaker I have tht time to compare with Z5500-D. Bass is better in MX5021(tight and controlled bass) than was in Z5500-D(boomy bass). Many people and users claimed that Z5500-D was better than Z906.

That time I seriously felt that why logitech even manufacture speakers but came to know that the driver inside the logitech designed by some other company, I forgot that company name.

Looking for 5.1 only right now.

Need to decide between the following now:

Onkyo 3300 - 21k since 3400 is not available though I am really doubtful how would I connect my computer to it

OR

Logi Z906 - 13.5k

EDIT:

Thanks a lot everyone for the suggestions

I think I'd be going in for Onkyo 3300 for 21k. Now the problem is how do I connect my PC to the 3300??

Option 1 : Can one of the ports on Radeon 4850 used to transmit the audio signals through HDMI to the receiver ?? And the other port would be connected to my 19" monitor for video.

Option 2: Get a dedicated card like Xonar DG/DX and use optical/SPDIF out and connect it to the AVR?

Kindly suggest. Might be getting the Onkyo today itself.

Bought the Onkyo 330 a couple of days back. Thanks guys for all the suggestions given in. Now just trying to set it up with HD 4850 since it doesn't support bitstreaming and my notherboard doen't have an optical out.

Back