Car & Bike Need suggestions under 150/160 cc segment

New Apache launching soon !

73Meh.jpg

Personally, I didn't like new Apache 2012.

Check this out : http://bikeadvice.in...e-rtr-spy-pics/

absolutely right.. infact i think its absolute crap.. it cant even be called an upgrade.. its high time these manufacturers stop throwing left over bones at their customers and rather bring out a new bike when they have some significant changes to offer to the people.. all they will do is slightly change the shape of stuff, add a couple of extra plastic parts near the tank and the fairing.. and lo.. they think they've given the people a whole new bike altogether.. .

absolutely right.. infact i think its absolute crap.. it cant even be called an upgrade.. its high time these manufacturers stop throwing left over bones at their customers and rather bring out a new bike when they have some significant changes to offer to the people.. all they will do is slightly change the shape of stuff, add a couple of extra plastic parts near the tank and the fairing.. and lo.. they think they've given the people a whole new bike altogether.. .

Its sad even without any major upgrade ( although they are yet to be announced) manufacturer launch a new bike.

But if you go by a common man thinking, people usually ignore to buy a bike which was launched more than a year ago. Thats been the strategy from most of the manufacturer.Changing color,adding extra plastic here n there.

Amazing, but this strategy has worked in the past and they are conitnuing with the same. That is what they can do if they have no new product to offer.They have to be in the hunt.

Its sad even without any major upgrade ( although they are yet to be announced) manufacturer launch a new bike.

But if you go by a common man thinking, people usually ignore to buy a bike which was launched more than a year ago. Thats been the strategy from most of the manufacturer.Changing color,adding extra plastic here n there.

Amazing, but this strategy has worked in the past and they are conitnuing with the same. That is what they can do if they have no new product to offer.They have to be in the hunt.

yeah..but i think people are getting smarter. and the company hasnt targeted apache towards people just looking to buy a bike for commuting like the splendors and passions.. what i mean to say is, small plastic upgrades and cosmetic changes are fine as long as there is also some change in the engines .. either their displacement, the way they function.. its mainly the engine in the bike that brings out something new for the people which people enjoy.. they may have the same model and make absolutely no cosmetic changes. .but if they improve the engine, or atleast give people straight free choices of choosing their engine capacities on the same bike, i think people will like that a lot more than just small cosmetic changes..

Suzuki GS 150 is really good, reaches 130kmph +

And gives a mileage of about 60 !!!

My CBR250R costs 4 times as much but only goes 150kmph
sad.gif

And mileage is also only 30...

Even FZ and Pulser 220 giv only 30kmpl...

@all going for grey apache 160 ; wished had white in 160 .

thanks for your replies
clapping.gif

Same wish
<

Congrats on your decision btw
<

I've rode apache for long and long, and being 5'9 I never felt any pain or anything, but yeah for 6'+ it could be an issue.

Mate do remember to run -in ur bike properly .. and ride safe ..
cool43.gif

Same wish
sad.gif

Congrats on your decision btw
happy19.gif

I've rode apache for long and long, and being 5'9 I never felt any pain or anything, but yeah for 6'+ it could be an issue.

Thank you very much, i am sticking to old one

Personally, I didn't like new Apache 2012.

Check this out : http://bikeadvice.in...e-rtr-spy-pics/

yeah..but i think people are getting smarter. and the company hasnt targeted apache towards people just looking to buy a bike for commuting like the splendors and passions.. what i mean to say is, small plastic upgrades and cosmetic changes are fine as long as there is also some change in the engines .. either their displacement, the way they function.. its mainly the engine in the bike that brings out something new for the people which people enjoy.. they may have the same model and make absolutely no cosmetic changes. .but if they improve the engine, or atleast give people straight free choices of choosing their engine capacities on the same bike, i think people will like that a lot more than just small cosmetic changes..

here is what i read from their https://www.facebook...SApacheOfficial page:

"Intuitive Design

The comprehensive redesign of the vehicle also includes the new switchgear. With improved ergonomics and intricate detailing, the switch cluster has a premium feel, and is rider-friendly"

and Comments were more less the same :

BAKWAS DESIGN !

@'puneetritehere congratulations; thats classic !

intuitive design my ****ing ass. .. its just that they need to bark some kind of bullshit or the other to justify and promote what they are offering.... have you ever seen real enthusiast bike companies like harley davidson, royal enfield, triumph. etc blabbering about their so called NEW ergonomic switchgear.. or imagine.. the all new harley davidson. with new STICKERS... hah. .. no.. these companies always have something good to offer.. the only thing they ever advertise is their new bikes with absolutely new designs and new engines.. thats real upgrade.. .the most pathetic was the so called upgrade of the passion to passion plus.. imagine.. no changes at all . just the stickers on the tank..thats it.. those idiots call it an upgrade and theres a very big community of idiots who even buy that crap and get excited about the all new passion plus...

and switch cluster has premium feel???? that means the company was intentionally providing cheap low quality switchgear earlier?? wasnt it??? and what is so intuitive about the design??? yes . i know. .one of the stupid designers had an intuition and they finalized the new design in one day. there was absolutely no hardwork in the design.. just a short burst of intuition.. . thats how INTUITIVE the design is.. .

or imagine.. the all new harley davidson. with new STICKERS......

the most pathetic was the so called upgrade of the passion to passion plus.. imagine.. no changes at all . just the stickers on the tank..thats it.. those idiots call it an upgrade and theres a very big community of idiots who even buy that crap and get excited about the all new passion plus...

hahaha rofl !! spot on ;

They should had worked on Apache's Vibration at High RPMs or just Displacements..Was going to book on Monday (coz of auspicious Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti),

but read somewhere ( probably a rumor) that a WHITE 160 might get launch with the New Apache 2012 on monday itself ; so waiting for it

vibrations at higher rpms in all these bikes is now an inevitable trait.. vibrations cannot actually be reduced anymore on any of these bikes. only the frame can be made such that those vibrations are absorbed more and felt less. but this wont do any good to the engines..

to further reduce vibrations, it is now compulsory to have twin cylinder engines.... it is only in twin cylinder engines that the opposite movement of the pistons will cancel each others momentum thus reducing vibrations by a great extent.. at higher rpms in our single cylinder engines, high vibrations are bound to occur.. .. it is not necessary to have big bikes for twin cylinder engines, even a 150 to 200 cc twin cylinder can very well be made with each cylinder at 75 or 100 cc.. this will not only reduce vibrations by a great extent, but will ensure a much smoother power delivery..

although, twin cylinder engines will always come at a premium, i am sure when people see the performance there will be a very good market who wont hesitate to shell out the extra money for a much more efficient engine..

Looks like TVS managed to mate Discover and Apache into a wacko looking bike.

Congratz for this gruesome design what you call as an Upgrade.

TVS Copying from Bajaj ; And Bajaj from Others ..

wah ! India Has no of skilled desiginers then why dont they recruit such desiginers ?

@aquaticbullet & @puneetritehere like u said , actually my friend (also TE member Sudarshan_SMD ) owns Unicorn and it 'wobbles' on rough road

Who said it wobbles?

Only problem I have is when riding on muddy road, grip is very low. But that's a tyre problem, not the problem with my bike.

Back