Graphic Cards Need the best card in 6K

Homer

Adept
Ok,so my cousin's been worrying me to get a new garphics card for her,so probably will be going tommorow to Lamington.Her budget for the card is around 6K.
Can you guys suggest a good card (Nvidia) in that range ,the price ,and if possible contact details of a trusted shop in lamington where I can actually get it for that price.I was thinking of a 7600GS form XFX or Leadtek.Any suggestions?

Also those prices at itwares.com,are they street prices or slightly higher?

i think the Sparkle 7600 GT costs around 6.5K, check that out, best card in your budget IMO

and better then the 7600GS would be a 8500GT IMO for 5.5K

EDIT : this page TheITWares - Sparkle Graphic Cards lists it for 7375, still a great buy

However if on a tight budget then get the 8500 GT

Comparing the 8500Gt to the 7600GS ,which will be better in the long run?

@200mph ,just noticed you have a 8500gt.How's the performance?

8500GT>7600GS and hence will be better in the long run, and the card is decent enough to play todays games at 800*600 and 1024*768 at moderate and low settings

However, both these cards will not be able to handle true DX10 games just like the first gen low end DX9 cards couldn't handle the first DX9 games

ya true these wont handle the dx10 games, but since is hardly game am happy gaming the aoe and nfs at most i think its sufficient for me and my needs.

Thogh none the Mid range card from nVIDIA will be able to play DX 10 at better quality but they are good considering low level of gaming and DX 10 demanding app's like Vista upcoming software :p

Hey folks just got this stuff for my cus yesterday.She was on a tight budget of 9K. Managed to get this

1)XFX 8500GT -5,100
2)DVD RW (Sony DRU 170C)-1,600
3)Dynet 1GB PC 3200 -2,350

Sweet na,nyways she's happy as finally Carbon is working in all its glory.
Peace out.:cool2:

Back