need the best possible phone for rs.16k

himadri_sm

Disciple
so i want to buy a phone with the following requirements(in terms of preference) -

1.Audio Quality- will be using it primarily as an alternative to a portable media player

2.Camera- has to be good enough, should be able to take decent pictures even in the dark

3.Wi-Fi- Decent Browsing capabilities..for email, facebook..youtube etc

4.Application & Games Support- not much into these but still should be available.

what are my options here?i have checked & i found these phones to my liking-

1.Xperia X10 Mini Pro(With Querty Keyboard)

2.Samsung I5801 Galaxy 3

3.Nokia X6

4.Samsung Wave

is there any other option? which among these would be my best bet?

devesh38 said:
in about 17k you can get samsung wave........ consider that also............
would have surely considered it but i've been saving up for a phone since the last eight months & i am fed up...i actually have 15.5k now, i am already stretching my budget by rs.500. so i have to decide within these only....:(

If you have waited for eight months - wait a couple of months more and get a Wave - the best phone that you can get for 17K - you surely will not regret - you know that "saboor ka phal mitha hota hai" .

hiviky2212 said:
if you mailing messaging guy then how about E72 , latest firmware is stable and i am 1 happy customer of that piece
i am really not into mailing....so i'll give this a pass...right now i am seriously considering waiting a while longer for the wave(collect some more money).. BTW, is there no good Android phone within this price range?

agm_105 said:
some one has a spice Mi-300 on here ...check it out...or get i5801... this sammy is the best droid phone for 12k .then u can get 8gb card in the same budget..and more...
i am not really interested in Spice mobiles.....the i5801 also doesnot have a good resolution...so i am not sure about it either(how bad can it be, will there be any issues with apps?)...a friend of mine suggested that since i want a phone for purely multimedia purposes(my first priority)..it would be better if i buy an ipod touch & some other cheap mobile..this will satisfy all my needs..what do you guys think?

himadri_sm said:
i am not really interested in Spice mobiles.....the i5801 also doesnot have a good resolution...so i am not sure about it either(how bad can it be, will there be any issues with apps?)...a friend of mine suggested that since i want a phone for purely multimedia purposes(my first priority)..it would be better if i buy an ipod touch & some other cheap mobile..this will satisfy all my needs..what do you guys think?
if you have Reliance Digital around , check the demo piece , it's not that bad resolution ( since it's android ).

Samsung Wave is really good but it having Bada OS ( Samsung's own OS ) right now apps is in initial stage .

just do consider these above points in mind before purchase .

ok i have a few questions- samsung wave has bada os so apps are in initial stage....at the moment, symbian is better...(right ?)...now x6 has good audio quality, has a good enough screen (maybe not as good as the wave),.they both have 5mp cams,it costs lesser than the wave for the 16gb model, so what exactly is missing that i should not consider the X6?i mean i am not too much into apps & games anyway. so should i consider it?i want some unbiased user reviews here...i am not entirely satisfied with reviews in gsmarena or such sites...can someone tell me what are the major cons in X6?

I am also thinking of checking out the i5801 tomorrow...is it worth buying? which would you prefer- X6 or i5801?

I Only can say one thing if u Minus the Nascent stage of BADA OS then Wave outperform in X6 but people who using Wave can better judge ! but music and Symbian + service all favor Nokia in India .. its a personal choice for shear features i blindly pick WAVE but if u see in totality then it become very subjective on personal preference , since you are not fussy about Appz and Games then x6 could be a nice pick since i personally used it my cousin has it and he is very happy using it , well cons if u ask me screen size , looks i somehow didn't like of x6 its very dull apart from i find its a nice phone with ok features , since i can't give u suggestions on WAVE simply i haven't used it so someone you know or has it will able to give u clarity i suggest go to Croma or Ezone or any place where they show u the real phone check it out both and then decide since u know most of the features by heart by now :p ..good luck !

ninjarao said:
I Only can say one thing if u Minus the Nascent stage of BADA OS then Wave outperform in X6 but people who using Wave can better judge ! but music and Symbian + service all favor Nokia in India .. its a personal choice for shear features i blindly pick WAVE but if u see in totality then it become very subjective on personal preference , since you are not fussy about Appz and Games then x6 could be a nice pick since i personally used it my cousin has it and he is very happy using it , well cons if u ask me screen size , looks i somehow didn't like of x6 its very dull apart from i find its a nice phone with ok features , since i can't give u suggestions on WAVE simply i haven't used it so someone you know or has it will able to give u clarity i suggest go to Croma or Ezone or any place where they show u the real phone check it out both and then decide since u know most of the features by heart by now :p ..good luck !
thank you...i'll surely check these out..anyway i've read that x6 is slow...now i want to know how slow it is & when it is slow, i am not primarily concerned about multitasking as i don't really need it...i know the samsung wave is the better option out of the two but it also costs more & i am not sure if i'll be using most of its features....anyway i'll check the wave, i5801 & X6 tomorrow if i can & let you guys know which one i prefer...BTW, how is the touchscreen of the X6 compared to the Wave?is it responsive enough?i've never used a touchscreen device before so i don't want a bad first time experience..

I think you should have a look on these devices and use them for a while as not everyone has the same experience while using Touchscreens, and as you haven't used any touchscreen devices as of now so it basically depends on the usage. I mean if you message a lot, then it takes some time to get used to it.

RamPagE said:
Samsung Wave's current market price here in gurgaon is already 16,300

Where did u get that price quote? Could you please specify where exactly in Gurgaon. I myself was looking for a good deal for the Wave.

Back