Need The Following Components In Total 12-14K Range

Hi Guys ,

Felt the needs for a refreshment to desktop. so m in the hunt for following components. Need a complete VFM in my budget.Following are the components which i require :

Processor : Intel Core i3/C2D Or AMD Equivalent

Motherboard : Future Proof

RAM : 2GB

HDD : 500 GB

Cabinet : Incl. Of PSU so lookin for CM 310 Elite as Bijli is now of inferior quality.

GPU : For casual light weight gaming like 9600GT or ATI VFM Model , but only if it can be accomodated within the budget.

Pls suggest some alternatives too if the listed product isn't available or out of stock nowadays.

Will use my existing DVD-RW , Keyboard , Mouse & LCD.

Also , i am thinking of selling these components to a local vendor. So how much can i expect , both minimum n maximum ranges. Will use this money in buying new components.

CPU : P4 3.0GHz with HT

Motherboard - AsRock 775Dual - 915GL

RAM - 1.5GB DDRI (1*1024 + 1*512)

HDD - 80GB

Cabinet - iBall with inbuilt PSU (400wts)

GPU - Biostar 8500GT 256MB DDRII

Will be buying all the stuff from Nehru Place,Delhi.

Looking forward to TE'ians help.

Thanks & Regards,

BBThumbHealer. :)

Processor : AMD AthlonII X2 240 ~ 2.8k/ AthlonII X3 435 ~ 3.7k

Motherboard : Asus M4A87TD/USB3 ~ 5.6k(SATAIII, USB 3.0, lacks IGP)

RAM : 2GB 1333MHz DDRIII Kingston RAM ~ 2.6k

HDD : 500 GB Seagte 7200.12 HDD ~ 2k

Cabinet : CM Elite 310 ~ 1.5k

PSU: FSP SAGAII 350w ~ 1.6k/FSP SAGAII 400w ~ 2.1k

GPU : Keep your 8500GT.

Total: 15-17k~

Use the proceeds of the sale of the older rig to bump up the budget a bit.

Hi bbthumbhealer,

I am interested in buying 1.5GB DDR1 RAM.I am updating my friends system with old parts for surfing.

please quote your asking priceif you are willing to sell the parts seprately.
olapon
Enjoy The Moment
bbthumbhealer said:
Hi Guys ,

Felt the needs for a refreshment to desktop. so m in the hunt for following components. Need a complete VFM in my budget.Following are the components which i require :

Processor : Intel Core i3/C2D Or AMD Equivalent
Motherboard : Future Proof
RAM : 2GB
HDD : 500 GB
Cabinet : Incl. Of PSU so lookin for CM 310 Elite as Bijli is now of inferior quality.
GPU : For casual light weight gaming like 9600GT or ATI VFM Model , but only if it can be accomodated within the budget.

Pls suggest some alternatives too if the listed product isn't available or out of stock nowadays.

Will use my existing DVD-RW , Keyboard , Mouse & LCD.

Also , i am thinking of selling these components to a local vendor. So how much can i expect , both minimum n maximum ranges. Will use this money in buying new components.

CPU : P4 3.0GHz with HT
Motherboard - AsRock 775Dual - 915GL
RAM - 1.5GB DDRI (1*1024 + 1*512)
HDD - 80GB
Cabinet - iBall with inbuilt PSU (400wts)
GPU - Biostar 8500GT 256MB DDRII

Will be buying all the stuff from Nehru Place,Delhi.

Looking forward to TE'ians help.

Thanks & Regards,
BBThumbHealer. :)

@Dark Angel , thnx for ur efforts. Having few niggles as well as doubts for this config.

1. Is AMD X2 equivalent to Intel C2D or Pentium D ? Also, can X3 match with core i3 ?

2. I want to go with 3 cores as the proccy but unwilling to spend so much on the motherboard , so can i get another cheaper alternative. Will the Biostar TA785 do. Or can i get some VFM in Asus , Gigabyte or AsRock ?

3. I don't wish to spend on the PSU at present, so can i use my CM 310 Elite bundled PSU for the time being ?

4. I wish to sell my 8500GT as well and look for a better GPU than this in the 3K mark cos ATI now have DX11 cards. So any suggestions for that too.

@Olapon , sorry i am looking to sell my rig as a whole locally.

Is AMD X2 equivalent to Intel C2D or Pentium D ? Also, can X3 match with core i3 ?
2. I want to go with 3 cores as the proccy but unwilling to spend so much on the motherboard , so can i get another cheaper alternative. Will the Biostar TA785 do. Or can i get some VFM in Asus , Gigabyte or AsRock ?
3. I don't wish to spend on the PSU at present, so can i use my CM 310 Elite bundled PSU for the time being ?
4. I wish to sell my 8500GT as well and look for a better GPU than this in the 3K mark cos ATI now have DX11 cards. So any suggestions for that too.
1. Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
The AthlonII X3 is better than pentium dual core, trades blows with E7500 C2D depending on the app and loses to the i-3 530 (obviously :p. i-3 530 is Rs.2000 more)

2. I suggested that Asus mobo coz it had all latest features and u too asked for a future proof mobo. You can go for the Biostar A785GE ~ 3.3k but then its a DDRII mobo. Whereas the Asus mobo is AM3(Native Thuban X6 support), DDRIII mobo with USB 3.0 and SATAIII. If u think u dont need these features then the cheaper alternative is the Biostar TA785G3 HD ~ 4.5k or Biostar A785G3 ~ 3.9k. Both are AM3, DDRIII boards but availability may be an issue.

3. CM Elite doenst come with a bundled PSU and some places dealers sell it as a combo with CM Extreme Power 350w/390w IIRC. They too cost 3-3.5k as combo. The FSP SAGAII is a much better PSU than the Extreme Power series.

4. Low end DX11 cards are no use for playing DX11 games. It can only play the game as a slide show. That said on sheer performance on today's games. The 512MB HD5670~5.4 easily beats the HD4670 and on par with the 9800GT whereas consumong very less power and a good buy for ppl looking to buy a 5k GPU.

BTW whats the size of ur monitor?
Also the final budget after selling off the old rig?

^ Sry for reverting late ... having my exams going on at the moment.

My max budget for the revamp is Rs.15K including the sell off from the old rig.

Now i would like u to do a bit of cost cutting for me.

1.What are my options in Intel series for Proccy ? What's the cost of E7500 ? or any other worthy proccy upto 3.5-3.8K mark ? I want to have a min. of c2d ~ 2.8 equivalent even if i buy in AMD (if its possible )

2. Motherboard for the intel proccy line. i have heard intel's own mobo are cheaper in comparison to one's like biostar , asrock ,gigabyte , asus. but i need a nice mobo max. of 3.7K

3. i would like to do some cost cutting by opting for DDRII instead or DDRIIII .. so what's the price diff for the same ?

4. Can i opt in for Zebronics Bijli with built in PSU for this rig ? I think it will cost me a max of 1500 for the same.

5. Will retain my 8500GT but as a safer measure , can u recommend me a mobo with decent onboard GPU.

Secondly , how much can i expect for my earlier PC ?

P4 3.0GHz With HT , Asrock 775Dual 915GL , 1.5GB DDRI , 80GB HDD , iBall Basic ATX Cabinet

EDIT :: Forgot to add that i'll also be buying a Wi-Fi router in the 1200-1400 Rs. which is included in that 15000 total. Can u suggest for that too please.

SMC International - One Stop Shop for all your Hardware Need !
www.costtocost.in/list/pricelist.pdf

These are price list of shops in NP.
The LGA775 socket is not future proof. By getting a AM2+(which has bios revisions that support Thubans) or a AM3 board you can upgrade the processor anytime from a single core to hexa-core.
Check the Anandtech bench to compare processors according to benchmarks, apps and games.
The Athlon II X3 435/440 ~ 3.5-3.7k is a VFM proccy for both gaming and multi threaded apps.

Just went through the price list of Cost 2 Cost , i think i should stick to Intel.

Should I spend money on the proccy like C2D 2.8 or 2.9 and instead opt for a cheaper motherboard like the AsRock G41 . I think Intel GMA 4500 is decent too.?

EDIT :: Which cheaper motherboard will u suggest for the Athlon X3 ?

Why do u need a AthlonII X3 mobo suggestion when u think u should stick with Intel :| I wouldn't suggest any of the cheaper AMD mobos with NVIDIA Chipsets and HT 1.0.
A E5xxx series Pentium dual core is more VFM than Intel C2D's.
If Intel i would say get a E5300/E5400~2.8k and Gigabyte G41ME-S2L ~ 2.4k esle go with the i-3 530 combo for ~ 10k

So after various thoughts and urs valuable suggestions , i m thinking of sticking to this config :

Processor AthlonII X3 435 Rs. 3700
Motherboard Biostar A785GE Rs 3300
RAM Kingston 2GB DDR II Rs. 2350
HDD WD 500 GB Rs 2000
Cabinet Zebronics Bijli Rs. 1500
Router Asus / Netgear Rs 1180 / 1323
GPU Onboard HD4200 / 8500GT N.A

TOTAL Rs. 14030 / 14173
Is this correct ?
P.S : Seems u like got a bit irritated in ur previous post :ashamed:

Well a bit carried away when ppl stick to the C2D's :p Ya the config is good within ur budget. But when you are going for a better GPU just make sure you get at least a decent entry level PSU like the FSP SAGAII 350w ~ 1.6k.It can easily handle GPU's like the HD5670.

@ DarkAngel , today i went to Nehru Place to buy the above components .. Got in a dilemma and didn't bought any. Here are the reasons :-

1.None of the dealers is stocking Biostar mobos (reason stated poor A.S.S and faulty products ) . They're having MSI or Gigabyte. Was luking at Biostar TA785G3HD but now due to its unavailablity , can u suggest some equivalent.

2. AMD Athlon II X3 435 is too unavailable , dealers are stocking X3 425 @2.7GHz - Rs. 3500. Should i opt for this ?

3. SMC Intl. is giving CM Elite + Amigo 500W. SMPS (stating the brand is his own make). Is this a better products in comparo to Bijli ? Difference is of a few hundreds.

Is there any motherboard in the DDR2 specs that have the equivalent features of Biostar TA785G3HD like HDMI , ATI HD4200 ? If that's existing , i can even think of opting for DDR2 instead of planned DDR3. EDIT :: Found GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H. How's This ?

Looking towards a reply. Thanks in anticipation. :)

never compromise on m/b. ;)

darkangel has given the best config for your budget.

edited it a bit :p
Processor : AthlonII X3 435 ~ 3.7k
Motherboard : Gigabyte ga 785gmt usb3 ~ 5.6k(SATAIII, USB 3.0, has HD 4200 IGP) [has CPU core Unlocker & its a good OC'r]
HDD : 500 GB Western Digital 7200.12 HDD ~ 2k
*PSU: FSP SAGAII 400w/ VIP 500WATT ~ 2.1k
GPU : Keep & use your 8500GT.
16k total.

Dont sell the iBall cabinet+PSU, it'll save you ~4k.
the above setup will come at ~14k w/o cabinet/psu, spend few more to get the WiFi

the 8500gt will be lot more usefull when watching HD Movies.

3dmark06.png

table4.png

compare SM2 / 3 scores

Processor : AthlonII X3 435 ~ 3.7k

Motherboard : Gigabyte ga 785gmt usb3 ~ 5.6k(SATAIII, USB 3.0, has HD 4200 IGP) [has CPU core Unlocker & its a good OC'r]

HDD : 500 GB Western Digital 7200.12 HDD ~ 2k

PSU: FSP SAGAII 350w~1.6k/FSP SAGAII 400w~2.1 --> Get a new PSU. As you are upgrading the rig now invest in a good PSU. This is a good entry level PSU and provide clean power to PC. Mediahome.in is a dealer in TE and based in Delhi. Get this from him if u are not able to find it at the stores that u visit.

GPU : Keep & use your 8500GT.

Back