Need to a buy a media player. Budget 6-10k

Hello everyone

I was planning to get a media player with wifi capabilities. Have no idea whatsoever about the options.

WD TV Live @ 8.1k http://www.snapdeal.com/product/wd-tv-live-wifi-media/234984/?pos=1;0;2 How is this??

Asus O play mini is available on FK but it does not have any networking capabilities but is really cheap. Has got me interested. Will sacrifice wifi if this is good enough.

Main playback would be movies or music. Will be connected to Onkyo 5.1 3300 AVR & connected to a 40 FHD TV.

Kindly advice what should I choose?

Hello everyone

I was planning to get a media player with wifi capabilities. Have no idea whatsoever about the options.

WD TV Live @ 8.1k http://www.snapdeal.com/product/wd-tv-live-wifi-media/234984/?pos=1;0;2 How is this??

Asus O play mini is available on FK but it does not have any networking capabilities but is really cheap. Has got me interested. Will sacrifice wifi if this is good enough.

Main playback would be movies or music. Will be connected to Onkyo 5.1 3300 AVR & connected to a 40 FHD TV.

Kindly advice what should I choose?
I went with the WD TV Live solely due to the Network support and so far I think it has been a great decision.It can play files right off my Samba server without any frames skips or lags over a 100 Mbps LAN.

Good news about the WDTV Live (WDBGXT0000NBK) is that its a 2x2 wifi device. With a N300 router and decent signal you should get at least 30-40Mbs, enough for HD but not quite for full-HD.

DLNA compatible too.

However, no WDLXTV firmware with this model which is a pity.

Last edited:
Over wifi I can say 720p goes smoothly enough.I have a Cisco Linksys N300 Router.But 1080p will stutter over wifi.So that's why I chose to go torugh the wired LAN route for the WDTV

Bought the WD TV Live from Reliance Digital @ 7k. Best deal afaik. Cancelled the snapdeal order. Updating the firmware currently. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

the live hub suffers from a plethora of issues, i am using one with an ancient firmware and it works fine with basic functionality. Even the old Live version was horrible.

But how about the new Live with in built wifi ?. Think these issues were ironed out in the new versions.

Back