Need to buy a alaptop from the United States

raj_pol

Skilled
:) Hi All,
A friend of mine wants to buy a laptop from the states. Her dad is leaving on the 19th of this month so it is a bit urgent.
Brand: No particular preference. However service should be available in India and as far as possible good service.
Screen size: Ideally 13.3 ya 12 inch sizes. Nothing larger or smaller than that.
Usage: Mostly surfing, office stuff, movies and songs. No gaming.
Looks: She is a girl. So looks matter. Nothing like pink and all but stylish like say the macbooks.
Weight: Lightweight. Nothing heavy.
Budget: A maximum of 70 k only if it is something unusually good. Preferrably less.
I had suggested the macbook pro and also the samsung 9 series which is slightly more expensive. I do not prefer the air because it is without a dvd/cd player.
Any other models with the above requirements do let me know.
Thanks
Raj

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Geeks please no replies ?

be aware than many top vendors in India are not honouring the US warranty in India including HP, Dell, Acer,MSI,Lenovo etc, stating that only "limited International Warranty"....!!!!!!

Does the Series 9 have a Optical Drive ? I thought it was like a Mac Book Air without any optical drive

Mac Book Pro would be a good option also you have Sony series S, Thinkpad X series (Looks no)

@ronnie..yup I saw that later that the 9 series does not have a Optical drive. Finally she is going for a 13.3 inch macbook pro. Basic model with only one change I suggested. That is to go for a ssd disk insted of the normal hard disks:).

Back